Luoshuang's GPULightmass

I think it looks awesome =D

I like it, more detail is a plus generally.

GPULightmass HDR lighting
40 min on 1060 6GB
watch?v=tfp5MyE9tv8

[quote=“yorikb, post:398, topic:109474”]

GPULightmass HDR lighting
40 min on 1060 6GBhttps://youtube.com/watch?v=tfp5MyE9tv8[/QUOTE]

Looks good. But not sure if properly testing the setup for Lightmass: are you sure you are using static lights? Much of the light, especially the shadows coming from the windows are behaving more like Cascade Shadow Maps than static shadows. They are super sharp and unrealistic for the scene you seem to be after. I mean, the light coming from a static directional light should have some smoothness and be baked, but it doesn’t look like it on your scene (that could be a result of 's experimental features, so that’s why I’m asking).
Also, to have that kind of sharpness projected to the meshes you would need super high lightmap resolutions on most of them, which I imagine 6GB on 1060 would not be able to handle. Some objects seem not grounded, especially transparent objects.

SkyLight is static, DirectionalLight movable

I can’t run GPU Lightmass in 4.20.1 but have had zero issues with 4.18 and 4.19

I constantly get the error:

Unspecified Launch Failure

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Assertion failed!

Program: …-409A513A-067B1EA9-6F7E4492\GPULightmassKernel.dll
File: d:\gpulightmass\gpulightmasskernel\gpu…\rtHostConfig.h
Line: 341

Expression: 0

For information on how your program can cause an assertion
failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)

Abort Retry Ignore

Any advice would be appreciated! It’s the exact same project as I used GPU Lightmass on in 4.19, brought over to 4.20.

I even created a new project, and tried to build the default map, but got the same error.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I have the same error… :frowning:

EDIT: Reinstalled Nvidia Drivers to 398.82 and everything is working fine. Thanks ** :-)**

try to use extreme profile

I reinstalled my drivers too. K let me wipe the drivers clean then try again.

Hey just ran DDU on my drivers and reinstalled, no joy. Any insight into the error I’m getting? Thanks!

Any news about Sparse Volumetric Light Samples on 4.20?

Arghhh I also desperately need them!

Try to make Directional light as stationary.

4.20.1 version has incorrect & Sharp shadow for skylight ! why ?

GPUCPU.jpg

Should be fixed now. You can download and test again:

Reference: V-Ray for Unreal 4.19, Reinhard tonemapping, exposure 3.0, highlight compression 0.5:

Fixed 4.20.1:

There are still some shape differences, however I believe that’s due to different tonemappers

I have the same problem here since the 4.20.1 Update,

I don’t know why, sometimes it works…
GeForce GTX 970 / Driver Version 398.82

I just tested on a brand new machine out of the box with 4.20.1 and GPU Lightmass, same error again. :frowning: Delay is set to 6000. I feel better that it isn’t just me though.

Maybe it will be fixed in the update for 4.20.2 build, please ? :o

I’m about to test this out. One question…when I click on the download link, I get 4 zip files. Each with different names. Which on do I use? All of them?

Running into issues: Once I unziped the Extreme file and installed the folders I run my light build and get the following errors before build fails. Thoughts?