Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Dear developer, I don’t mind a 4.20 with the same bugs as 4.19 – I’ve got addicted to your Lightmass.
If it’s not a consuming task for you, please consider sharing a simple new build for 4.20…

Nonetheless, thank you so far for this outsdanding work.

I love UE4.20 datasmith new feature. But, I need GPU lightmass as well.
Please release 4.20 GPU lightmass. Even It’s preview version.

I understand why Epic would hesitate to release new works on GPULightmap for 4.20, but I don’t understand why not to rebuild GPULightmass as is, but for 4.20 and provide us with the build :confused:

Thanks for sharing this awesome feature. We really don’t mind a 4.20 version with the same bugs. If it’s not hard to update it to 4.20 please let us use your awesome feature with 4.20.

And about the bug-free version, When will the bug-free version available?

Does anyone of you guys also have a strange lightmap problem where lightmaps show black or switched on subobjects after converting a baked scene from 4.19 to 4.20?

edit:@, is this a known bug or problem?

Still using 4.19 - In 1 project there are rather strange artifacts after calculating GPU Lightmass. Using normal Lightmass don’t show these. No idea what causes the artifacts and can’t get rid of them using GPU Lightmass. Anyone else experienced something like this? Any suggestion?
Edit: its the black-white walls & the red-ish glow on the buttom of the image.

Do you know how to solve these leaks?

Make sure the geometry meets up perfectly, and isn’t intersecting, and there’s no gap.

@roy_fredy @ZacD a clean one sided mesh wont help you with GPU Lightmass what your seeing with those light leaks is because well like i said your mesh i only one sided i bet you dont have an outer Shell for the walls because ist an interior Scene and you were thinking you wont Need outer facing walls. just model the walls outside also and facing also outwards and you wont have those leaks anymore and DO NOT USE DOUBLE SIDED MATERIALS OR GEOMETRY with GPU lightmass yet cus this will ■■■■ your Scene up even more. 2 sided materials or meshes wont work propperly Right now with GPU Lightmass

Hi :slight_smile:
Awesome work thank you… ! !:o
I Have a little issue… I’m stuck at 99.95%
I attached some info :slight_smile:
I guess my scene is too big …>>"

Any suggestions? :slight_smile: thank you !

the walls and the ceiling have thickness?

Are you using 2 sided materials?

Its working in preview, medium, high, but not in production…
Graphic card : NVIDIA Quadro P5000 - 16 Go

Hi , Thanks for this amazing work! I am having issue with my computer even though I have set properly.

Could you please explain why I receive this CUDA driver message? latest driver is installed already but can not get this working.

Graphic Card: Quadro 4000

QUADRO 4000

Hey guys.
1 - Congrats to ! Awesome “tool” and well deserved place on Epic! =)

2- I’m really confused here. I’m just testing with a Skylight but it’s giving me a very strong “direct light”, like a Directional Light. Is that how’s supposed to be or I’m missing something here? Using Captured Scene for Cubemap with the default SkySphere.

GPU Lightmass provides better directionality for skylight, so you get sun shadows from hdri.

thank you so so much for this incredible script!
I would like to join the others asking for a 4.20 version of it.
Your GPU baker changed the game and we cannot do without anymore, especially in the industry, where tight deadlines, quick changes and fast projects are super common.
We internally would like to switch to 4.20 that brings great new features for both Datasmith and Blutilities (and of course many other improvements), but giving up on the speed of GPU lightmass is just too much of a loss.
We all understand that this script is heavily under development and that both you and Epic are waiting the right time to give to the community a well-polished version of it, but a simple 4.20 version of the already superb 4.19.2 would be incredible for many of us.
I hope that my words will be heard and that we will get this 4.20 version. It would be awesome.
A huge thank you anyway for the great work and the great tool you brought to all of us for free.
Peace

Made with gpu lightmass on UE 4.19. Build time: 15 minutes.

Thanks for this awesome plugin!!.

Waiting for the 4.20 version

I’ve uploaded a new binary build for 4.20.1.

Since it’s been a long time since last time I touched the code base, i broke something when updating to 4.20.1, so some features may not working: I already know Sparse Volumetric Light Samples is not working, and there might be some new bugs :frowning:

Absolutely wonderful you found some time to convert the plugin! Very very much appreciated because, as many above have already said, your plugin is really a game changer.
I ran into an error at the start of a LM calculation that stops your plugin to kickoff - see pic. Any suggestion what to do?
edit: spelling & using 4.20.1