Luoshuang's GPULightmass

@**smbv1 **have you scaled the lightmaps resolutions in the detail panel by any chance? That caused the same error for me. I solved is by scaling the lightmap resolution in the geometry editor… Then everything works fine.

It has become my default light baker already. I can’t and don’t want to go back to the Unreal CPU lightmaps. The quality is way better and on top of that you get speed.

So I hope Epic is reading this. Especially if they want to make something out of Unreal Studio. Which works fine but would be incredible if the this is implemented.

For guys like me, Studio is a great step but not even remotely as important as this Light baker…

I didn’t want to go there by maybe we should all beg?

I’ll be giving this a go soon, very excited!

Hello, it works fantastic, I have set lightmap in the editor to 1024 and everything is in Red-Color (texel-density) which is excellent and I use Ultra High settings which take about 20 min which is incredible compared to 4 days (no joke). I want to ask to make an extremely hi quality version where my bake instead of 20min would take 4 hours but will be less noisy and spots. Keep it up!
If you’re facing an errors, please check your Windows reg-edit settings, it has removed once I’ve installed new Windows 10 April 2018 update.
Also fresh restart and command line, this is what I used, I opened a scene, set baking to Production, cranked up all settings to high quality 0.05 scale res, multi bounce 5, quality to 30, saved a project, opened a command line and baked through command line, it is the best way to bake. Do not use your PC while bake, it’s going to be super slow anyways.

Start Spamming everyone at Epic’s email inboxes with threats of like an angry mob with Pitch forks lol :stuck_out_tongue:

It don’t work.

Works fine when you build light, but not when you trie to build a package on windows for example…

How to fix it? Error says comething about header and different engine version :confused:

Problem solved. Thanks a ton. The problem is the render time has gone up drastically compared to before granted I did increase lightmap resolution from 256 and 512 to 1k and 2k (u did mention this in your first post) for a number of assets so that might be why the render time has gone up. But I do remember the gpu working faster than presently and crashing close to the end before the TDR fix even after increasing lightmap resolution.

any benchmarks on this vs the stock? I might try it but not sure how far in development its in. Anyone care to gve the info in a nutshell?

Also, if I install… can I revert back without issues?

noticed the binary install link has 3 files. do i download all?

I was confused at first to, I don’t think OP has set up user controls so I believe those are just 3 different quality settings(fast, low and ultra), so each is a zip that you just dump into the epic games/engine folder, it will overwrite default settings so back those up if you want to go back.

Any idea why this is happening? Using Volumetric Lightmaps:

Thank you for this amazing tool! I have a scene with some grass, scattered with the foliage tool, that can’t render when there is an override in the lightmap size.

getting this error after using gpu baker

See the TDR fix. the baker crashes because your GPU is stalling and doesn’t respond while computing some big lightmaps. Increase the TdrDelay value to around 100/200.

great work… sometest with gtx970

just 30 minutes gpu bake time.(ultra setting pack)

with cpu got 7.5 hours. :confused:

this feature deadline killer of some projects. that should definitely be in the new release.

thx mate this is game changer!

Does it work flawlessly with 4.19.2 ?

I’ve tried this today. It’s really fast but I’m curious if there are there no tweakable parameters? I had my DiffuseBoost at 2.5 previously and the GPU bake seemed to have removed nearly all of it. Also AO seems to be reduced. Can someone do a writeup on how to actually use this for us a bit less technically inclined?

Edit: Something else is weird. I completely removed the folders from the download file and replaced them with my backup from before. Somehow the GPU Lightmass is still running like some black magic. How can I revert?

Edit2: I’m also getting lightmap errors still. I feel like I’m using this entirely wrong.

Anybody tried to create package? With 4.18.2 I can create package without any problem. But using modyfied version of 4.19.2 packaging process stops after a few moments, shows window “Compiling shaders” which increasing from 103 to 1280 and then nothing happens. Editor works. I can move camera and stop the packaging process.

I think, I found problem - 64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogModuleManager: Warning: Found module file …/…/…/Engine/Binaries/Win64/UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll (API version 0), but it was incompatible with the current engine API version (3944462). This is likely a stale module that must be recompiled.

How to fix this?

EDIT. False alarm. Something happened with project file after import Open World Demo Collection. I’ve exported all assets to the new project file and everything works perfect.

This is my fear. Hate to install it and ruin everything and have to start fresh. I have some projects i dont want to corrupt. Maybe more clear instructions can help and a walk through on what to back up exactly to revert. Im still confused on downloading all 3 files from the link or just 1.

Hello, I’m trying to install the GPU Lightmass, however, whenever I try to bake lighting, it says it can’t and shows this. I used both the Binary installation and Source ( Hybrid) installation, and none of them worked.