Lunar Soil

Overlooking some of the Lunar Soil sites. Player can choose what building and level-layer should be there, like the observatory in the distance and the small outpost down below.

1 Like

1 Like

These past couple of updates you’ve shared for Lunar Soil look stunning! Is there any chance we may get another playtest of these newer areas soon? :star_struck:

1 Like

thank you <3.
Yes more playtest are coming.

Just want to finish of the equipment system a bit more.
Playtest for the optional boss might be next.
Going to be a while before the semi-open world level is fleshed out to be a fun playtest.

1 Like

Don’t mention it, and thank you for the update! A play-test for the optional boss would be AMAZING, and I would love nothing more than to try out a boss fight! The Chasm Protector (Guardian) seems challenging; I hope to defeat it. :smirk_cat:

Equipment and gear progressing.

A little gear validation scene, the spacesuit drives the air-tank, helmet and other gears main theme to create a more unified color setup.

Still debating if we want to allow gear swap anywhere or a back to base kind of design.
We have a fast travel system so it might not be that fun to return home for each new crafted helmet.

output
Work on the “open” world continues here is a little sewer entrance.

World-partition and Level instances are great to work with.

Did a initial multiplayer test, got session working two players running around doing things.
But I still think the level-designs are better suited and designed for single-player.

output2
output3
A cargo bay puzzle area

2 Likes

I am so excited to see that there are so many unique astronaut suit designs to choose from that you showcased in this neat progression video! Also, the screenshots/gifs of some of Lunar Soil’s new environments look phenomenal! :star_struck:

I think a “gear swap anywhere” approach might be better for this kind of open-world experience, but with having fast travel implemented, it might not be so daunting to return to home base for a quick change. Will the gear for the suit be fully customizable to the user’s desire, or will we have to stick to the confines of one suit design when switching things up? :thinking:

P.S. You got multiplayer to work in Lunar Soil!? That could be a game-changer! :exploding_head:

Here is a massive update of the game.
The ship, crafting and more!

Kinda to much to port over to the forums, but here are some shiny-gems:

standing_storm
core
platforming

2 Likes

You are an Inspirational Developer!

i appreciate the amount of focus, dedication, and determination you have to see your Game Experience through to publication.

Sometimes, I feel that I will never publish an actual Gaming Experience simply because I have too many game concepts in my head and cannot stay focused. It gets me down if I ponder on it too long.

Thats why I visit the Unreal Forums weekly. To find cool Projects like this one, pick my head up, and get my head back into the game (pun).

Thank You for sharing.

1 Like

Wow, this is a significant update! The game is gaining more depth, and I’m thrilled to playtest all the new features and environments! Thank you for putting so much effort into making it the best it can be for us. Your hard work is greatly appreciated. I hope you have a wonderful weekend! :raised_hands:

1 Like

I think a “gear swap anywhere” approach might be better for this kind of open-world experience, but with having fast travel implemented, it might not be so daunting to return to home base for a quick change. Will the gear for the suit be fully customizable to the user’s desire, or will we have to stick to the confines of one suit design when switching things up?

Landed on switch gear from anywhere, but restricted crafting of new gear to crafting stations instead.
Right now the visuals are based on item, don’t have that many suits yet.
Augment items for different visuals could still be an open option.

1 Like

Thank you @TechLord for the kind words. Stay frosty, head down gamedev up. Then share a link to your creation :slight_smile:
Celebrate your milestones!

2 Likes

New Playtest is now available on steam woohoo.
This time its about the artifacts and their retro 2d levels where you can unlock new optional powers. I see them as bonus levels.
Players will be able to find these as they explore Lunar Soil.

1 Like

This is the best news to receive going into the weekend! Thanks for allowing us to playtest some of the updates; the experience has been great so far! I’m excited to try the newest updates and discover the bonus levels. :partying_face:

1 Like

Greetings again @Morgondag; I hope your week has been pleasant thus far. I had the opportunity to experience the latest version of “Lunar Soil” over the weekend, which was thoroughly enjoyable! Adding the mini-games was a splendid touch and definitely enhanced the overall gameplay! I can’t help but notice those artifacts looked like “seraphim” of sorts. :eyes:

Thats really cool to hear.
They are quite involved in robotic inspiration but Seraphim was new one for me, but
maybe there is some unconscious ancient inspiration :slight_smile:

They are pretty fun to make in my tool: Save 25% on Bit - Animation Editor on Steam

Next playtest we are finally going walking outside for a environmental and streaming test run on Lunar Soils overworld.
We just had an influx of 1000 testers requesting access, mostly thanks to this
https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamDeck/comments/13ncgae/looking_for_steamdeck_enthusiasts_who_like_to/

1 Like

Wow, the animation editor tool is amazing! Did you also develop it? If so, that’s really impressive! It’s great to see that you’re receiving much support- you deserve it! Lunar Soil is going to impress a lot of people, just like it has impressed me. :star_struck:

It is time to explore the environment of Lunar Soil.
We got some great progress of the game and Unreal 5.2

We now have a new playtest on Steam is all about the overworld.

We have a issue-report system, a player ingame message system and a large map to explore.

We are also testing out PSO Caches Optimizing Rendering With PSO Caches in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.2 Documentation

The full announcement here

Here are some screens from a steamdeck

2 Likes

The environment and scenery appear outstanding, even when playing on a Steam Deck. :star_struck:

It’s exciting to have another play-test so soon, especially with the addition of an in-game issue-report system. This will be an excellent opportunity for everyone to provide helpful feedback to you and the team. I’m looking forward to seeing what the overworld has in store for me! :raised_hands:

great progress we’ve made on the map system for Lunar Soil.
We now have an overworld map that allows you to travel to discovered checkpoints and bunkers. These checkpoints will serve as respawn points in case you die during gameplay. Additionally, you can activate the map from checkpoints, the ship, and various underground locations, enabling you to return to the ship or continue exploring different areas at your leisure. We’ve also added some new areas to the overworld.

Before we move on to the next playtest, we still have a set of milestones we’d like to achieve. keep on cooking the game :cook:

1 Like