Lumen reflections abrubptly cuts off in distance

Using Lumen and Lumen reflections, at a combination of lower camera angle and distance, the reflections just cuts off hard.

Increasing the view distance and max trace distance in post process does not help (not even when maxed out).

Look at the section on far field traces.

Thank you for the help,

So far I haven’t been able to make it work. As stated in the docs: “Far Field requires the use of HLOD1 to be built.”

So far I have made a new level with World Partition and imported my assets. I have also built HLOD from the “Build” menu.

I set all the console commands from the docs, but nothing happens yet (with the reflections).

The key I think that I have the build the “HLOD1”, note the “1”… however, I have no idea where to specifically do that.

I will try more…

Any tips to where I can build this “HLOD1”? I have tried to use HLOD layer “Merged mesh” and set “Set specific LOD level” to “1”, but that did nothing.

There is something I don’t get… the documentation for FarField just casually mentions this, and the link to the HLOD docs doesn’t really explain this directly.

I don’t really need World Partition for anything else, this is a fairly simple scene made for cinematic reasons.

If anyone know what is the shortest possible way to get basic Lumen reflections work in distance with FarField/World Partition, any help would be appreciated.

I just want to mention that I had to give up and revert back to RT reflections.

Which is a shame, because now i have to resort to full-quality fallback meshes on all my nanite meshes, which is bloating the perforamance :\

I have tried and tried, but nothing sticks on the far-away reflections, it just doesn’t work.

If anyone should read this in the future and know a tutorial or a solution, please post :slight_smile:

Did you try to increase the raytracing distance using r.RayTracing.Culling.Radius?

1 Like

+1 to culling being the issue.