Lumen Optimization

Hi all
How do you optimize lumen lighting?
I made a small test scene of a living room and packed it (to windows). On multiple pcs, it only runs on 30 fps.
I enable nanites on everything I could. I have 4 windows in the scene that have a rect light next to it, another main lamp that uses a spot light, sun light and a couple of spot lights. I optimize textures and materials as well.
I noticed that what affects the fps the most is the lighting. How can I make a scene with lumen that would run smooty in 60 fps?

1 Like

Its simply not possible in lumen as of now. no matter how big or small and how detail or less detail my scene is lumen always gives me 30 fps.

Make sure you aren’t using textures that take up a lot of memory without them taking a lot of screen space. You can check what textures are big in size under tools > audit > statistics.

Also make sure your cards get placed properly, you can check this by using the console command r.Lumen.Visualize.CardPlacement 1
The cards should somewhat match the same shape as your object. Better explained here