Hi Guys
I would like to share with you a problem I an encountering in most of my projects.
The issue is that lumen works fine when I render my project without increasing AA spatial and temporal samples.(In movie Render Queue)
But,When I increase the AA samples number noisy artifacts appear in the render.
For example in this shot you see the noisy artifacts behind the upper part of the frame.
I have tried these and the issue persisted:
1.I tried different samples numbers and also different AA methods.
2.I increase the lumen final gather number in PPV.
3.I added some console variable for disabling the AO and Shadows denoiser in MRQ Console variables.
4.I enables distance field shadows in my directional light which is my only light in the scene.
this is temporal accumulation amplifying lumen noise. with 1 temporal sample each frame stands alone, with N the renderer blends N subframes, and lumen final gather noise is per-subframe random, so the blend keeps the noise instead of averaging it out when the gather doesnt converge.
things that actually move it: raise the lumen quality in the MRQ anti-aliasing settings override (there is a dedicated lumen boost in MRQ settings, use that instead of the PPV), add warmup frames (engine warmup count 30 plus) so the scene cache settles before the shutter opens, lock exposure to fixed (min equals max) since auto metering restarts per subframe, and test with Hardware Ray Tracing on if your GPU allows, it converges faster under temporal accumulation.