Lumen GI and Reflections feedback thread

I will create a “sample project” with a few of the trees for you, so that you dont have to deal with my 27gb game project :stuck_out_tongue:

give me a bit of time, please.

=======
To be honest, I dont know if this is an issue in the material, but given that all trees I have show this behaviour, some more, some less, and that my game isnt even the worst case due to a lot of white walls that should create plenty oy bounce-light… I have ran out of ideas.

The “dark core problem” I already investigated in the other thread: Lumen GI and Reflections feedback thread - #227 by Yaeko

Lumen “creates” blackness at certain distances, causing (especially my trees) to show these problems, since they mostly have the necessary distance between leaf-panels for this issue to appear.

This issue also appears against a white background when the leaf-material is put onto a plane, as can be seen in the linked post.

Yeah,

Technically, the subsurface panels should behave like a “light”, and they did so in an earlier github build, and I was happy about it in the other thread :stuck_out_tongue:

Its not the end of the world if this was uninentional and wont be in 5.0, but by accident it seems, you already got it working in the past, so it would be really nice if you could bring it back in the future.

1 Like