Lumen GI and Reflections feedback thread

Hmm, then I will just drop my wishlist and what I know that is still not working:

• per Instance Custom Data (just black in Lumen scene, the last time I checked.)
  • an option to not recalculate parts of the level that didnt change (In my game, like 98% of the area lumen deals with is static… so technically it wouldnt need to recalculate that all the time.)
  • Distance GI (it was faked in the PS5 trailer with the valley, but we still dont have it in 5.3 afaik.)
  • if possible, integrade HWRT reflections into Software Lumen (if there are benefits to performance, which I assume due to dedicated RT hw that otherwise is unused. And of course, the obvious visual improvements for reflections that would come from this.)
  • a function to make “holes” into the Distance fields that Lumen uses, since we still have issues with overocclusion and dense plants/bushes. (I posted somewhat of a workaround in this thread, but its annoying to do.)
  • move SSGI Data into Lumens permanent Data, so that it isnt regenerated just because I look away, and causing very visible artifacts for large lights. (in general, prevent lumen from “losing” information all the time, even if it costs 100MB VRAM… make it an option. It really doesnt matter if my game needs 3.5 or 3.6 gb vram at 1440p.)

Thats just the things I have in mind right now, that are still unfinished, missing, or “buggy” in 5.2/3.

I really try to avoid @ ing them, since I dont want them to “get annoyed” and never come back. (which is also why I was concerned about the negativity here over the last weeks :sweat_smile:)

1 Like