Lumen doesn't work for me

Hello everybody!

I have just started to touch UE5 a bit, and I am particularly interested in the Lumen technology which I find amazing.

I am a 3D artist in architecture, and for me it is a real breakthrough in the field.

However, I feel like Lumen is not working for me. Indeed, I invite you to look at the gif below:

Lumen

I have this result on all my tests, even restarting new projects with UE5 and Lumen enabled. The problem is also present on UE templates. In terms of light, my scene only contains a directional light and a sky light.

1- No global illumination, only direct light.
2-The shadows are flickering.
3-Emissive materials do not produce direct lighting either. (white sphere)

Help me please, I have the feeling I am the only one in this case because I could not find any answer on the internet…

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi. You’re my only hope. :anguished:

Configurations:
Desktop
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core 4,20 Ghz
NVIDIA RTX 2060
32 Gb RAM

Edit 1: Tomorrow I’ll test on a laptop with Ryzen 9, RTX 3070 and 32 Gb Ram, maybe I’ll a have a better result.

Edit 2: Ok I think I found the problem. I read somewhere that Lumen and Nanite are not compatible (yet) with VR. I don’t know if it’s the problem. It seems the problem is coming with only VR functions… even VR template… I don’t know yet why the problem continue on the VR template when it’s supposed to work.

VR template uses forward shading by default isn’t it?
Try disabling it and it might make lumen work. Nanite is currently not supported in VR I believe.

Lumen does not work with VR and Nanite will on release.

Thnaks for your answers guys!
Ok so after several numerous tests, and even on different computers, it would seem that this is indeed the problem: Lumen is not supported on VR. I am very sad and I dare to hope that this will be the case in the next releases.

Thanks you very much :v: