Lumen and Mac OS 11.2.3

I know it’s early but is Lumen working under Mac OS yet? It seems to be enabled by default but not working.

Switching from Lumen to screen space makes the environment a little brighter but otherwise the same.

My GPU is an RX 580 and im on an intel Mac running 11.2.3.

1 Like

I’ve the same question!

Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB
macOS 11.2.3

Same question here!
Is there some way to work with Lumen on MacOS ?

Same question. Assuming that it only works with certain graphics cards, which I apparently don’t have…

Seems to work fine on my PC.

Any way to have someone from Epic to give some insights on this? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

^ Like this? @VictorLerp @anonymous_user_c5ad40d01 @Daniel_Wright

1 Like

I’ve always found that with the beta releases the Mac version is compiled but always lacking the new goodies. The docs don’t even mention that the Valley of the Ancients demo is Windows only. Am I wrong on that? Please correct me. I wish I could test it out on my fully loaded iMac Pro.

Thanks, haven’t thought of actually mentioning folks from Epic! :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve always found that with the beta releases the Mac version is compiled but always lacking the new goodies. The docs don’t even mention that the Valley of the Ancients demo is Windows only. Am I wrong on that? Please correct me. I wish I could test it out on my fully loaded iMac Pro.

True that indeed. I think at this time It would be nice to know at least if its on the roadmap for 5.0 or not. I rather have a “No” than no answer to be honest.

2 Likes

I noticed that Lumen is working in static mesh editor but not in world editor (i think its lumen). Maybe this will help someone to resolve the issue

4 Likes

True! Works only in static mesh editor :frowning:

Bump this. Would love to know if this will be coming. We have got around 20 Macs in a lab just waiting for this feature :wink:

1 Like

Same question. We need lumen in MacOS.