Lumen 5.2, anything new, better or broken?

Is there any clear info on lumen 5.1 vs 5.2 or notes on 5.2 lumen? I can’t find docs on 5.2 to see what the differences are. Mainly, I am unsure if I should upgrade my 5.1 project to 5.2 for lumen improvements…or just stick with 5.1?? Thanks for any info!

Apologies if my reply on the lumen feedback thread was insufficient, but as I said there, it really depends on what your content is. SWRT reflections, character lighting, translucent reflections, and several accuracy improvements.

If I had to give a very general remark, if your project is especially reflection-dependant, I would upgrade. Performance, quality, and scalability are all improved. If your project needs high-fidelity characters and can afford the rendering budget, I would upgrade. If you are having any major issues with lumen leaking bugs, I would upgrade. Just bear in mind that, as lumen is still in very active development, there’s no guarantee everything will work the same as it did in 5.1.

1 Like

Thanks. Yes, this is for a variety of “shots”, not a game, for film VFX. I guess I will just have to copy an existing scene to 5.2 and do a side by side…wish they had more info on this, especially visual comparisons.

1 Like