Lowering the terrain and adding water

So basically my question is how does one lower the terrain i know you do it by going to paint and flatten brush but when i go to it it just paints a grey square instead of lowering the terrain. Also how do you add water?

So basically my question is how does one lower the terrain i know you do it by going to paint and flatten brush but when i go to it it just paints a grey square instead of lowering the terrain. Also how do you add water?
[/QUOTE]

CTRL-Shift clicking should lower the terrain.

As far as water, the way I’ve handled it is as follows (this may or may not be the best way):

Put a box in your level and make it really thin. Adjust the width and length to cover your entire landscape or greater if you want water surrounding your landscape. Then just position the box at water level. Obviously it’ll be intersecting your landscape at various points but it should not matter. Then you can add a water material over the top of it.

If you want actual water physics, what you could do is have a physics volume below your water “plane”. Then just disable collision your water box.

Or instad of the cube use a “water plane” which is just a basic plane made in a 3d program: and then follow the steps from SSnowman. (?v=FKefnG7gYXE)