Lost my Source Copy

Hello I am in need of serious help I was working really hard on a personal game of mine and lost the source and currently only have a cooked game because i had to wipe my computer and ment to copy the source game to usb but instead copied packaged version instead of source and i only have packaged version. i tried extracting the pak file with unrealpak.exe and then when i copy the uasset files into a new ue4 project nothing appears and need help to see if there is a way to load cooked uasset files back into engine. If there is anyone that knows how to convert cooked game back into original source that would be extremely helpful. I tried calling EpicGames no answer. Any help would be wonderful thanks.

I’ve never tried this, but I’m pretty sure that UnrealPak will only give you access to assets (that doesn’t include blueprints, which are converted to C++ during compilation). This means that even if you are unable to successfully unpack your project, you won’t be able to re-create it.

I know this doesn’t help much right now, but I STRONGLY recommend using a source control system like Git, and especially one which is hosted online (BitBucket, GitLab, GitHub etc). This way, no matter what happens to your computer you will always be able to access your project (and all the changes to the project as you are developing it).

i was able to unpak my project but is there a way to uncook the uasset files so they can load in the engine such as my models.