Loot containers

Now that you have the thumbnail, it shows up in widget? You do not need the code you have above, you need to set up array default elements in the cabinet bluprint, not widget.

No it still doesn’t show up in the widget, alright I’ve done the array element for an apple again this time in the BP for the cabinet. Also I’m getting warnings for the cast to border when playing.

Ok, do you see the box thumbnail when you open the cabinet widget?

In game or in the widget blueprint?

In game. If you created any bindings in your widget that I did not tell you to create, you may run into problems that I won’t be able to solve.

No, the 5 boxes appear with a blank image that I put as a child of the button but no thumbnails. No created bindings

The stuff I told you to do will set the button’s style, and isn’t meant for the button to have images as children. Post a picture of the code that executes when you spawn the cabinet widget (in your cabinet blueprint).

The ‘create widget’ at the start comes after its done the whole first step which is getting the key and opening the drawer

Ok, so is the array in the picture above populated? Click on it and post a screenshot of the details panel. Also, what are the image components in your widget for?

I’ve deleted the image components now, I thought the thumbnail wasn’t going on because it was going directly onto a button rather than an image. Thanks for the help again

Did that fix it? AFAIK it should be working now.

No, plus I keep getting this error. Do you think maybe it’s something as simple as a box that maybe I’ve not checked?

Also does this blueprint do one of the boxes or all 5? Because I’d like some variation also, e.g. sometimes no items in the cabinet, sometimes 4

Those errors are exactly why it is not working. After you create the widget, set the cabinet widget variable to the create widget’s return value.

FINALLY! It’s working haha, thank you so much for persisting with me, it’s truly appreciated. I’ll take a look at your COD zombies videos soon as they’re looking good :smiley:

Well, it was a fun ride :smiley: Many beginners have given me great feedback on my tutorial series, so I think you will like it, just know that the mic quality is awful until video 3 or 4. I will be making a new series introduction video to reflect the current quality of the series.

Well I’ve already subscribed to your channel so I’ll probably start soon, the reason COD World at War was my favourite COD game was because of the awesome campaign along with the amazing zombies xD

Hey Jamendxman3, since doing this I’ve added to it so that when the player presses ‘F’ the game world freezes and enables the mouse cursor and stuff so the buttons can be clicked, as well as unfreezing when the player presses ‘F’ and this can be done continously, but I was wondering if you’d help me so that when the button is clicked it is added to the inventory. I’ve got it so that if the player picks up an object, it traces the item and then adds it to the inventory but this is a bit different as it’s in a different blueprint to the first person character, and also the actor isn’t traced, the thumbnail/button is clicked.