Loot containers

Replace test struct with item details. From the ‘As Button’, you should be able to set some sort of style, which version of UE4 are you using? Why don’t you go ahead and post a screenshot of your current setup from what I’ve told you to do.

Okay the ‘make s item details’ is the information for all items in my game, it won’t connect up to the array element in the for each loop though or into the make brush from texture.

And here’s the picture

The ‘Cabinet Items’ array should be an array of item details, and then you can break that, and connect the thumbnail to the ‘Make Brush from Texture’. From the ‘As button’, which options do you have regarding style? Which version of UE4 are you running?

My cabinet items array is an array of the widget blueprint, the one that I want to pop open with the 5 items inside of the cabinet. I already have another array for the item details that is for all items in the game, should the cabinet items array also be for the item details? I have actually got the ‘set widget style’ node now from the as button, don’t know why I could’t get it before. I’m running on 4.8.3

I’ve done this now, however check the pic attached as the ‘cabinet items’ node isn’t attached to the item details node, which is the info for all items in the game. Thanks

You need to connect the ‘Array Element’ on the loop to a break item details, and then connect the thumbnail to the texture input.

Okay I’ve done this part now. Thanks

Are there any other parts that need adding to this blueprint or have I missed a part maybe? Thanks for the help

Is everything working? What is happening?

Nothing dude, I’ve added an image inside of the button now on the widget and I’m going back to basics and trying to do for how I made the inventory for this, I figure it must be very similar. When it plays it’s just blank, also the game isn’t frozen so the player continues to look and move.

Post new screenshots with everything I had you do.

The bit just before the for each loop is the 5 boxes that pop up on screen

Have you populated your items array? If you go into your cabinet widget, can you set the style manually and have thumbnails show up?

I’ve created a function called ‘Item Thumbnail Getter’ see the blueprint in pic, however the event graph is empty, I’ve also set the brush for each of the 5 images as this function. (The image not the button, as I put an image in each of the boxes)

You shouldn’t do that, the loop in your blueprint takes care of the thumbnails. You need to populate your items array in your cabinet blueprint in order for it to do anything with the slots.

Okay how do I populate them? I have both the cabinet items array and the details for the items such as the thumbnail. Thanks

Also what in that blueprint you set up for me makes the items random or selects certain items?

You need to add elements to your array in the cabinet blueprint.

Okay I’ve added elements to the array (i’ve added an apple if you check the bottom left of the pic) however my blueprint in the widgets event graph is looking pretty bare. Thanks