Loops missing in User Widget

Created a widget and needed to generate components based on an array. However, the loops are not showing up under Utility>Array. This occurs in 5.0.3 and 5.1.1 but not 4.27. Am I missing something?

I just copied the For Each loop from a blueprint actor as a work around.

UE4 User Widget(Tried with Context Sensitive Unchecked as well):
UE4_ForEach

UE5 User Widget(Tried with Context Sensitive Unchecked as well):
UE5_ForEach

UE 5.1.1 (originally migrated < 4.27 > 5.1 > 5.1.1) shows the utility just fine on a userwidget

What if you drag an (Out) array pin and type each?

It’s such a weird issue I’d almost think an external setting is hiding the category. Are yo uworking with c++? Modified the project settings?

I tried dragging out from an array of bools and ints to no avail. If I upgraded a project from 4.27 to 5.1.1 the loops would appear. I swapped to a different computer, installed 5.1.1, created a blank project and the same issue occurred.

After I pasted in the For Each node from a blueprint actor it now shows up fine.

Seems like it may be a bug.

2 Likes

A little more information:

If you create a blank project without starter content. Then create a Widget Blueprint and search in the Event Graph the Utilities > Array section is missing. However, if you create a Blueprint Actor; then search in the Widget’s Event Graph Utilities > Array appears.

1 Like

^ this is it for me.

Created blank project without starter content specifically to mess with UMG. No loop functions. Added a blank actor class BP, loops immediately showed in Widget Graph/BP.

Couldn’t figure out why other projects were fine.

Thanks!

Bug

Go to your class settings, change your parent class then set it back to the original. This fixed it for me.

Hey there. I’m sure this response is too late to be helpful for people here, but for future people stumbling on this thread and who are on UE 5.1 or earlier versions: this bug has been fixed for UE 5.2.

UE-149464 “For Each” Node doesn’t show up in UMG Graph until an Actor BP is loaded

Upgrading your engine to 5.2 or higher should fix the issue, or you can use the github commit mentioned on the public issue to cherrypick the code fix if you build engine from source.