Looks like something went wrong. For your protection, this transaction has been declined. Please try another card or other payment methods

Here is the same error with Mastercard.

1 Like

The problem can be solved only from the bank that provide the card. Some banks blocks automatically some kind of transfers which they mark as ā€œunsecureā€.

I already check with the bank. These are the same cards that I use everywhere, I just did another online payment few minutes back.

The invalid amount screenshot itself illustrates that the problem is not at bank side. The bank authorized the request for merchant (in this case UE marketplace) to proceed, but for some strange reasons, the transaction is declined at merchant side.

1 Like

ā€˜ā€™ Looks like something went wrong. For your protection, this transaction has been declined. Please try another card or other payment methods ā€˜ā€™

I also encountered the same problem.
I couldnā€™t pay with three different bank cardsā€¦ Itā€™s been several days.
Iā€™ve had inquiries from both banks,
but there was no payment problem.
It was a problem on the EPIC side.

Looks like Iā€™m going to miss this sale.

1 Like

This is what I did, which worked form.

1. I created a new epic account, tried with my card and failed (as usual)
  2. I requested another friend of mine to buy the asset packs for me. I shared my account credentials with him, he logged in, did the purchased and it worked.

This was quite surprising for me as the same process had been failing for me for last 1 month. One thing that I noticed that I have MasterCards, while my friend had VISA. This is the only difference, but otherwise I didnā€™t find any difference.

I believe if I didnā€™t create a new account and shared my earlier account with my friend, this would have also worked, but I can only speculate. Will try to check with the next purchase to confirm.

Iā€™ve tried Amex, and 2 Visas. All three cards are from three different banks and they all fail, so Visa is also affected. You mentioned your friend logged in using your credentials, perhaps itā€™s a location/IP address related issue? Iā€™ve also tried from Fedora Linux 38 through epics website (no app) and that also fails, same error.

1 Like

Same issue for the last several days and Epic support is no help. Their response below.
Despite the fact these are not fraudulent purchases. I have tried several cards which work everywhere else but Epic, so they are not blocked by my bank. And a Visa gift card.
ā€œwe recommend trying alternate payment processorsā€ Does not matter.
I am sure there is an executive out there somewhere that might care that legitimate customers are being blocked by their payment processors.

Thank you for contacting Marketplace Support.

The transactions are being blocked by our payment processor as being potentially fraudulent. Unfortunately we cannot see any more specific information about this, and we are not able to override it. We recommend waiting a few days and trying your purchase again. If you continue to have issues, we recommend trying alternate payment processors or contacting the card issuer for assistance.

Thanks,
Unreal Engine Marketplace

1 Like

Huhā€¦ Just tried again expecting he same error but now it did process itā€¦ I have no idea why it worked this timeā€¦

I am having the same issue since the past 3 weeks.

I only have one payment credit card , which is Master Card , from Standard Chartered Bank.

The credit card issuer bank has informed that the amount being sent is zero. This is the reason the transaction is being treated as suspicious and being declined.

How did you fix it ? Can you please tell me the complete methodology / procedure used at your side ???

Thanks.

Same! Got this iisue since October 13. No solution

it is because of the ip my friend had the glitch. i tried to buy and it went through (the same credentials

Same problem please anyone have a solution?

Can anyone solve the problem. I am having the same issue and I am gonna miss the black friday discounts pls help

Same problem for 7 days and still nothing change. Card work good., no problem in bank sideā€¦

Same problem here. I also contacted my bank and there is no problemā€¦ I purchased some items earlier without problem but since dec/4 its not workingā€¦ Anyone know how to fix it please ?

1 Like

When chapter 5 came out to this day i always get the same issue.

Same problem. ā€œLooks like something went wrong. For your protection, this transaction has been declined. Please try another card or other payment methodsā€

The problem is still ongoing,more then 25 days. Support does not respond, it just constantly closes my question every 5 days. The problem is also from other cards and other bank accounts.

1 Like

If your issue is with Marketplace, please visit https://marketplacehelp.epicgames.com/ for assistance. Iā€™ll ping some folks here for the other issues. Thank you for calling this to our attention!

ā€œLooks like something went wrong. For your protection, this transaction has been declined. Please try another card or other payment methodsā€
I canā€™t bye anything with my papara card.

1 Like