Looking to add collision to object moving with Level Sequence

Hi @Jamie, i have the same problem and these settings don’t fix it. If the player does not move, there is no collision effect of animated meshes from front/side (expecting: pushing the player, observed: passing through the player). Strangely, if the player stands on the animated object, everything works as expected, i.e. the player moves with the object. I also checked the “use ccd (continouse collision detection)” checkbox - same problem. Do you have any solution for that? Thank you!

Thank you for your fast reply … i asked Jamie directly, maybe he knows something in the meantime. Best greetings from Berlin :slight_smile:

1 Like

So just bumping this thread as I have not found a way to have static meshes actually push the player when the mesh is moving with a Level Sequence. The mesh just intersects with the player. When the mesh is not moving all collisions are working as normal. Also, if the player runs into the moving object it collides with it. It’s only when the player is not moving that the phasing occurs. And the player can stand on the moving object and move with the mesh fine as well.

I have tried all suggestions in this thread. This does not even work with a simple box created in UEFN that is moving.

I know there has to be a way to have this work. Any suggestions would be great!

I submitted a bug report on this. Just in case anyone else pops in here.

1 Like

Hi! @Norrin-Radd I have the same problem with animated colliders if i find the solution I will write it here

1 Like

Hi! @ilishor Thanks! I will do the same!

Still no fix yet?

1 Like

Not that I’m aware of!

Hello! I am having the same problem. If my player moves it goes through objects. If it stands still it has collision. Any news or fix for this?

2 Likes

I haven’t heard anything.

1 Like

hey there, this map does the trick:

would be awesome that someone from Epic could shed a light on this one, I’ve also tried to use the prop mover device with ‘Push’ on Player Collision, but it does not work very well…

maybe @Flak could help us on this one due to the huge interest on this thread? thanks in advance

Yeah we’ve been using bumpers and other hidden items as a solution for a long time. It’s not a fix though to this issue.

@BrunoAr So to simulate contacts and to push players away I will attach an object from the bounce gallery (such as tires or a mushroom ) to the the object that the player hits. This way it seems like the player is being pushed by the object but is really getting hit by the mushroom which is not visible. I’m pretty sure that’s how they did it too in the deathrun video you posted. It’s not a great solution but works for the most part.

1 Like

This is so clever and funny at the same time, thanks for the reply!

1 Like

This is the only post I could find that granularly covers the exact issue I am having and I have spent days trying everything from UE5 forums but my FortCharacter goes through my mesh that is being moved with a transform track in sequencer (only until it stops moving strangely)!

Anyone find a fix yet??

1 Like

Not that I know of beyond placing some type of bounce object in front of the object that the player will be colliding with.

Then I am truly doomed because my player goes through EVERYTHING and they aren’t simply walking through. more like phasing as if they were a ghost. I have tried all bounces objects, barrier devices, mutator zones to freeze them while moving and even a physics object but I guess my FortCharacter is the Silver Surfer at this point…

I usually attach a mushroom or tire or bounce pad to the object that is moving. It’s a pain but has worked for me.