LogFeaturePack: Error: Error in Feature pack C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_5.0/FeaturePacks/TP_VirtualRealityBP.upack. Failed to parse manifest: Invalid Json Token. Line: 43 Ch: 4

Hello. I saw that somebody had the same problem, but i haven’t found a way to fix it. UE shows this folder ( C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_5.0/FeaturePacks/TP_VirtualRealityBP.upack. ), but i doesn’t exist at all. VS Code highlights another JSON where the 43th string is correct.

1 Like

Keeping an eye on this to see when it gets resolved. I’m running into the same issue when I package my game. Running UE 5.0.3, on Windows 11, for what it’s worth. Error message below.

“LogFeaturePack: Error: Error in Feature pack D:/Unreal Games/UE_5.0/FeaturePacks/TP_VirtualRealityBP.upack. Failed to parse manifest: Invalid Json Token. Line: 43 Ch: 4”

Me too. Can’t find a solution. LogFeaturePack: Error: Error in Feature pack C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_5.0/FeaturePacks/TP_VirtualRealityBP.upack. Failed to parse manifest: Invalid Json Token. Line: 43 Ch: 4

Got the same issue with UE 5.0.3

LogFeaturePack: Error: Error in Feature pack C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_5.0/FeaturePacks/TP_VirtualRealityBP.upack. Failed to parse manifest: Invalid Json Token. Line: 43 Ch: 4

…leaving an 𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖌𝖆𝖓𝖙 𝖉𝖔𝖙.

If you are not creating VR games, please delete the TP_VirtualRealityBP.upack file
C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_5.0/FeaturePacks/TP_VirtualRealityBP

then the error will disappear :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok it worked for me but start to have other error:

PackagingResults: Error: Visual Studio 2019 x64 must be installed in order to build this target.

I Installed VS 2019 but the error still appear

follow this article:

1 Like

@VictorLerp is this a known issue? I’m seeing it on my project as well.

Known issue, caused by a localization typo in a manifest file that we don’t ship with the binary versions. So it can’t be fixed locally, but it can be ignored, as the only issue is that it prevents the VR Template from being added to an existing project. You can still create a new VR Template, and migrate the content to yours. We’ve fixed it for 5.1.

4 Likes

Thank you Victor, much appreciated.

When will UE5.1 be released?

@laofei001 It is avail now in preview :wink: