LogCook: Error: Content is missing from cook. Source package referenced an object in target package but the target package was marked NeverCook or is not cookable for the target platform.

During the cook process of packaging I get a bunch of these errors? I tried using this cook settings and without: -AdditionalCookerOptions=“-cookprocesscount=4”. 1Either way I see errors. Sometimes without that multi-thread cook setting, it works, but not always.

LogCook: Error: Content is missing from cook. Source package referenced an object in target package but the target package was marked NeverCook or is not cookable for the target platform.
    Source package: /Landmass/Landscape/BlueprintBrushes/Materials/Sprite/M_BrushSprite_01
    Target package: /Engine/EditorResources/S_Terrain
    Referenced object: /Engine/EditorResources/S_Terrain

I too am facing this. My project doesn’t even use Landmass. Still, it seemed to be ticked in the plugins window in the editor. Unticking it seemed to solve the issue.

Same problem here on another asset not related to landmass,

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogCook: Error: Content is missing from cook. Source package referenced an object in target package but the object was stripped out of the target package when saved.
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): Source package: /Game/A_DarkEvil/Maps/WP/L_DarkEvill_WP_OK/Generated/7JC11A382LKLD2L2RX43207AC
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): Target package: /AscentCombatFramework/Blueprints/AI/AIs/ACFAICharacterBP
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): Referenced object: /AscentCombatFramework/Blueprints/AI/AIs/ACFAICharacterBP.ACFAICharacterBP_C:ACF Effects Manager Comp_GEN_VARIABLE

1 Like

Same issue here are you on unreal 5.4 by chance this might be a issue with 5.4

I managed to fix a few of my assets with this issue by

1. Marking the variable with the error as editor only compiling.
  2. Unticking editor only and compiling agian.
    3.Packaging/Cooking Content agian.

I have it on 5.4, fine on 5.3.2

I get multiples of the same error as OP, mainly about Landmass but some others too.
The fix/workaround that works for me is:

Project Settings → Packaging → Advanced → Uncheck “Exclude editor content when cooking”

Not sure yet of the consequences but at least packaging works and my build plays as expected.

Exclude Editor Content didn’t work for me. I had some meshes and sounds referenced in Engine that refuse to cook for Android. No idea why, fixed it by:

1 - Moving them into my plugins/project so they get re-referenced
2 - Then re-running Setup.bat restores the original engine copies that I moved.

1 Like

I also have this problem in 5.4.1. I made a copy of my 5.2 project (which packages fine), tried to package, and I get about ~200 of the “Content is missing from cook” errors that look similar to this:

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogCook: Error: Content is missing from cook. Source package referenced an object in target package but the object was stripped out of the target package when saved.
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows):    Source package: /Game/Blueprints/Story/StoryInteractable_Core_MistVault
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows):    Target package: /Game/Blueprints/Story/StoryInteractable_Core
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows):    Referenced object: /Game/Blueprints/Story/StoryInteractable_Core.StoryInteractable_Core_C:BlockerCapsule_GEN_VARIABLE

(post deleted by author)

I’ve found a solution from this post.
https://forums.unrealengine.com/t/quixel-megascans-fails-to-build-to-the-apple-vision-pro-in-5-4/1819932/4?u=rayhans

I was getting the problem from this two plugin.
Epic Games\UE_5.4\Engine\Plugins\Bridge\Bridge.uplugin"
Epic Games\UE_5.4\Engine\Plugins\Interchange\Runtime\Interchange.uplugin"

So I just edited the files and added “Android” in the SupportedTargetPlatforms for my android build. And it fixed the issue.