Lods and Lightmap Resolution

Hello,

I’m not sure I have understood lods and their lightmap resolution

In my project I have a mesh with Static Mesh Settings -> lightmap resolution : 256 (the maximum Lightmap Resolution i want for my LOD0)

with my LOD0 I use Min Lightmap Resolution : 128, because I want my Lightmap stream between 128 and 256
and with my LOD1 I use Min Lightmap Resolution : 32, because I want my Lightmap stream between 32 and 128

Is that right?

I don’t understand why in the A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements and Releases - Unreal Engine Forums LOD0 have a Min Lightmap Resolution(64) bigger than the Static Mesh Settings lightmap resolution(32) ?
Static Mesh Settings lightmap resolution is not the maximum resolution?

Thanks

This is just the default LM resolution for meshes that is set when imported. You can set a lower value if you like. You would need to just change the LM resolution to 32 in the Static Mesh Settings.

The settings under the LOD are the build settings and used for targeting a specific LM resolution. For instance, if you don’t want to use 64 you would need to change this to 32, 128, 256, or whatever LM resolution you want to target. This will repack the UV islands in your lightmap UV to fit this set resolution. This DOES NOT set your lightmap resolution that will be used though. This will need to be set in the Static Mesh Settings Tab.