LOCK DEVICE BUGGED IN UEFN

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Devices

Summary

Some of the lock devices are bugged inside of my map. Lock devices I have to open doors with a switch aren’t keeping the doors locked before they are activated. Inside of UEFN, the lock devices show check marks saying they are connected to the door and working but when I launch a session it shows RED and says its not connected to the door. I move them a little bit inside of fortnite and then it shows the checkmark saying its connected to the door and everything works but when I close the session and start a new one they go back to red and I have to move them again from inside Fortnite. It seems like the lock devices are glitched inside of UEFN and not fortnite but I can’t publish the map with the working door locks because the session restarts for the memory check and all the door locks that were working go back to not working again. I have tried deleting and replacing the door locks inside of UEFN and Fortnite creative but the same result keeps happening. Some door locks are not staying locked until they are activated. In UEFN they show check marks indicating that they are connected to the door and working properly but once you launch a session they show up red and don’t keep doors locked unless you place them from inside the game. I think this is a bug inside UEFN itself because I never had this problem with Fortnite creative.

Steps to Reproduce

Place a Lock device on a door in UEFN and have it connected to a device to open it on activation. If you place multiple of these in UEFN, some might show up red when you start a session but in UEFN it will say is connected to a door.

Expected Result

All the doors should stay locked when you start the game until they are activated.

Observed Result

Some door locks, not all are not staying locked until they are activated. In UEFN they show check marks indicating that they are connected to the door and working properly but once you launch a session they show up red and dont keep doors locked unless you place them from inside the game.

Platform(s)

UEFN

Island Code

7521-7152-2319