Local Multiplayer - overlap event is triggered to all players

Hello guys.
i created a local multiplayer game, where first player plays via keyboard and second player via gamepad.
So far all is working and i am able to separate the player with their index.

Now ther is one particular issue i can not overcome:
When the Player is starting the Overlap Event on a checkpoint, it gets executed to all players not only to the one that triggered the overlap event.

Some help would be appreciated, so that when one player triggers the overlapp event only he is affected and not all players.

Thanks

Can you show how you’re handling the overlap event?

Hi, thanks for replying and helping out :slight_smile:

The solution you suggested i was able to find too, by research. But it looked to me as if it is only for online multiplayer, as from my understanding in local multiplayer all players are local. First Player uses keyboard and the second a gamepad?
But maybe i am missunderstanding something, i’ll try it out and let you know if it was successful.

I don’t know exactly how local multiplayer differs from regular multiplayer, buy I guess its basically the same. As I see it, your character (car) exists both on the server and all the clients, and the overlap event is fired on all of them. Try checking if your car IsLocallyControlled, and only then do the rest.

1 Like

Okay, but if it’s one level and one object, I can’t really see how it would be possible to change it for one player and not for the other. Maybe you can pull it off with Post Process settings for players’ cameras, like make them not render some objects.

I tried it out like this, but no success:

When i debug the blueprints, i see that as soon as the overlap begins, player 1 is always checked first and then player2.

I was banging my head around this a few days now, and research in the wide web didn’t help unfortunately.

Still no solution found :frowning:

I have solved the problem in a way, it seems to me not the perfect solution but it works.
The Overlap Event still fires two times (2 Players in game) which is not nice , but this time he will check only the Player which really Overlaps the trigger.
Here is a screenshot for all those that maybe encountered the same problem and could not find a solution in the web.
Few Remarks:

• Pass Index is a Interface which sends the Player Index from Controller to the bpCheckout blueprint
  • PassControllerArray is a Interface which send the saved Controller in the GameMode to bpCheckout
  • Call Checkpoint cleared has now a Input (CarController), so that when this Event is triggered it will proceed the right Controller which has been triggered.

• Now here you see that Checkpoint Cleared Event is called afterwards and it will proceed the right Controller:

It’s still not the best solution, but as i said for now it does work like that.
Therefore if someone knows a better solution i am open to see it :slight_smile: