Load game from last streamed level

I made a small map with a bp that have a box with box collision infront of you once you enter it

This is the part need help with
(what it should do is to check last loaded streaming level you actually did then it loads it and then teleport you of course if there is none stream level happened before that means fresh new game it should start from game map 1)

By the way i have stream level bp setup working perfectly i even after loading the stream level i added variable to save that level name that level that just got streamed

now as seen in screenshots below i did try something else since the level streaming method is not responding but this new method is spawning me when teleported away from the map like i am spawning and i look back up i see the map behind me up these are screenshots of what i tried implementing

now as seen in screenshots below i did try something else since the level streaming method is not responding but this new method is spawning me when teleported away from the map like i am spawning and i look back up i see the map behind me up these are screenshots of what i tried implementing![alt text][1]

for this could you show me how are you saving you last level in your project

and are you using level streaming with it

Yes, I’m using level streaming.

The persistent level is the one that does the streaming, so that’s where you write the name to the save game, just before you stream it.

I’m getting the idea you are missing something in your map layout.

For level streaming to work you need an empty persistent level, in which you load all the levels you want to stream as sub levels. Do you have that?

Yes, so you walk into the box, it looks in the save game for the latest level and then streams it.

What is the problem? :slight_smile:

It is not doing that like nothing happens when i collide with the box collision

Do you have something like:

You can’t use stream level and open level and teleport…

Check out the BP below…

well yes i had something like that before but it wasnt doing anything when overlaping

Ok, some things to check:

1. Is the collision working? Put a print in the to check

2. Is this BP running in a persistent level that has the other levels you want to stream loaded as sub levels?

yes i have that well but see i did this move before my problem was before that i didnt know how to store the last level the player was because i had my checkpoint in my first map and second map under the peresistant and what happened is if i take second map checkpoint and load game i spawn in air and the second map doesnt load up so then after that i changed everything and trying new things

There’s no secret :slight_smile: When I stream the level, I just put the name in the save game, because I know that’s that last level.

Let me check some things:

1. You persistent should probably be empty. You can have stuff in there, but it might get confusing

2. Level A and level B are sub levels.

3. When you toggle visibility of those levels ( using the levels window ), they are in the same place.

4. You can check it possible to stream them by just putting a simple command in the persistent level BP:

305154-level-a.jpg

( or whatever your level name is ). Check it works for both levels.

Ok, I’m with you.

First of all, it sounds like level streaming volumes would be better for this. Then you just have to save the player location. When you put the player back there, the right level will load.

Are you using volumes?

You can always save the player location, by putting this sort of thing in the character:

If you’re using level streaming volumes, you don’t need to do any streaming in the blueprint.

This is what I’m saying. If you’re using volumes, you don’t need any blueprint for streaming, it’s all done by the volumes.

You only need to put the player back in the right place, and the volume will load the level.

EDIT: Are you sure the player is ending up back in the same place?

see even if lets say i made small room with box collision that check for me if a save game exists or no and to teleport my player where the last stream level is he lets say last place u reach is level B my player spawn in the air and level B doesnt even load