LiveLink - Apple AR not work in a packaged game

I want to make an AR face app like Face AR Sample. via Live Link Face app.

Everything works just fine in editor, but after I packaged the project for windows platform, the live link not work anymore.

As this doc said,
I’ve tried add -messaging to command line, but not work.

My game mode is such as

I printed “GameStart” to ensure game mode is running.
Then checked command line args.

And as @PHScatena mentioned in this ANSWER, I tried to apply a preset (in fact , I can not save any data from the Live Link Window)

311263-applypreset.png

At final, I tried the blueprint in this article

Everything works just fine in editor, but after I packaged it. the app not work anymore.

4.26 has fixed this issue.

Hi, could you please elaborate more about 4.26 fixing the problem? Maybe a snapshot of the setup? It doesn’t work for me even in 4.26.

Thanks a lot!
Aey

Are you using mac or windows? In my exp, Mac ver still not work, but windows version worked at 4.26

I’m just using the ARFaceSample. It’s now can be packaged to a windows version exe and works well with my iPad.

I am on windows, but some of the nodes they mention in the documentation seem to be old dated and I won’t have those nodes available. Would you mind sharing a snapshot of the setup for 4.26? I am fairly new to unreal and coming up with my own setups is still a bit of a challenge for me.

Thanks a lot

Geniusgeng Hi, I also have this problem, can you help me too? Email:
Thank you

@geniusgeng Could you explain what you did to make it work? I have been looking on every forum and you are literally the only one who has fixed the issue!

Hey, i just go the FaceAR Sample working in a packaged build 4.27. First of all you have to make sure everything works fine in the editor. Then for me what it took was :

• Creating a LiveLinkPreset and setting it to the Default Live Link Preset in Project Settings > Live Link like @TommasoKB suggested

• CLOSE THE EDITOR WHEN YOU LAUNCH YOUR EXECUTABLE. You can only have 1 LiveLink “instance” working. Standalone Play is therefore not compatible because you have the Editor + Standalone.

I didn’t have to add -messaging to my executable. Don’t know why.

Also helpful to debug LiveLink connection is the console command : “LiveLink.ShowDebugInfo”. It show nothing when no subject are connected but the moment my iPhone is detected it shows in the bottom right corner of the screen.

4 Likes