Live link tracks METAHUMAN facial bug

After updating UE5.0.2, I used LIVE LINK to track METAHUMAN’s face. Distorted facial position was found. I replaced the computer, still the same. It’s been bothering me for a few days and I don’t know how to fix it. Hope you guys can help me. thanks :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

Agreed. Same issue as described… Unreal 5.0.2 seems to have broken the interpreted input from the Live Link. The character’s face is loosing motion in one side of the face and doing strange things to the right side of the face… as if the original list of curves doesn’t match the current metahuman curve list or something. Definitely broken.

1 Like

Anyone found the Solution to this issue?

One of my friend found a solution, just copy the mocap folder of a metahuman from UE4 and replace it with the Metahuman in UE5. It fixed the issue.

i tried that now my model is not moving at all

I have encountered the exact same bug, and since I only use UE5, I can’t use the “copy files from UE4” method that others have commented on earlier. I am having a very hard time.

I am sorry if my English is strange because I am translating from DeepL.

I got it working after copying the Mocap folder from UE4’s MetaHuman to the newer UE5 MetaHuman folder, but took some additional steps. I’ll try to detail it in a future comment here. Just figured it all out and gotta remember the steps I took. It wasn’t easy though, took me a few hours to figure it all out as I had no guide or assistance. Just trial and error.

Plus I had to play around with my characters LOD settings after finally getting the face to work, because somehow after simulating my MetaHuman’s hair wasn’t attached anymore.

I found that the mh_arkit_mapping_pose asset comes “out-of-sync” and you want to update the source animation. See the fix below:

Hope that helps. I am using IClone to animate my metahuman, even though this pose asset is not needed, everything works fine in UE 5.0.2 and a custom metahuman. If this update doesn’t fix it, perhaps is something on the Live Link app side.

Let me know if that fixes the issue.

I think this might be the same issue, maybe my comment here can solve it

1-4-23:

I am also having this issue. I have worked through this video (here) and did most of the calibration which seems to work on my right side (Metahuman’s left side I think). I have tried all solution attempts I can find and have yet to find anything that works. HELP