Metahuman Live Link Face. Only one side of face working

So I have been able to successfully connect to livelink. But my characters left side of their face doesnt move that much. Also, they cant raise their left eyebrow. They blink from the wrong eye too.
I have tried calibration 20 times. Opened a new project and tried it. Tried different metahumans. It doesnt appear to be anything close to what most people on youtube get in terms of accuracy. But its largely only on the left side.
Any ideas?

1 Like

Oh okay, well I opened up the default metahuman project, and that works fine. Hm…I will keep updating

Another update. All of the preset characters are like this. The only character that has normal facial animations is the default girl from the Metahumans default project…

Somewhat Solved? Might request a bump. The Arkit Mapping poses are completely off whenever I import them from quixel. For example, the right brow up expression, is literally only raising part of the mouth. There’s many other like that. etc.

If anyone ever runs into this problem again…Here’s what to do, it may take about 20-30 mins, but will solve it.
Go to the Arkit Mapping Anim. Generally located in Metahumans->Common->Common-> Mocap.
Go to the top and ‘create pose asset ->Current animation’
From there, go into the pose asset. And you will have to rename all of the poses to match the exact pose names given in the default metahumans project.
Some examples are ‘EyeBlinkLeft’, ‘EyeLookDown’ etc.
Also, remember to change the pose to ‘additive’ on the left hand side, and click convert.

4 Likes

You can just migrate FaceAnimBP from default girl to your project. It will override broken names in your project. I did it for my project today, it works!

2 Likes

Ooh I will try this! Thanks!

1 Like

Where exactly do you take the faceanimbp from?

1 Like

C: … path to you project folder … \Content\MetaHumans\Common\Face\Face_AnimBP.uasset
Migrate this file from the default project with MH lady to your project’s Content folder. Agree for overwriting of everything

2 Likes

Gonn try this now… thanks so much!

1 Like

Great! Thats also a solid solution :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did this, however even with the metahuman migrated, and overwriting the Common Face_AnimBP, and the ARKit mapping, it’s still acting strangely - I think the issue is something to do with 5.0.2 - which version of Unreal are you using in the above solution?

The method that I used at the top seems to work 100% of the time for me. Just re-doing the pose and renaming everything. I used 5.0.2. The migration seems to be 50/50

The issue is there is a missing pose in the pose asset which is in the animation. You can see the poses are offset by one after the ‘jawOpen’ pose in the pose asset. It’s frame 19 of the anim and it’s pose should be called ‘MouthClose’.

In the content browser, right click the ‘mh_arkit_mapping_anim’, create > pose asset. In the ‘Pose names’ box paste this list:
EyeBlinkLeft
EyeLookDownLeft
EyeLookInLeft
EyeLookOutLeft
EyeLookUpLeft
EyeSquintLeft
EyeWideLeft
EyeBlinkRight
EyeLookDownRight
EyeLookInRight
EyeLookOutRight
EyeLookUpRight