Live coding failed. Error 267. How can I fix?

I am trying to use live coding in Unreal Engine 5.1, but it is not working.
I just reinstalled Unreal due to another issue, and now it is not working. I don’t know if the issue was also present before, since last time I touched C++ for Unreal was before I fully reset my PC.

The live coding log says:

Manual recompile triggered
---------- Creating patch ----------
Running R:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.1\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat -Target="TechSurvivalGameEditor Win64 Development -Project=""R:/TechSurvivalGame/TechSurvivalGame.uproject""" -LiveCoding -LiveCodingModules="R:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_5.1/Engine/Intermediate/LiveCodingModules.txt" -LiveCodingManifest="R:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_5.1/Engine/Intermediate/LiveCoding.json" -WaitMutex -LiveCodingLimit=100
Quick restart disabled when re-instancing is enabled.
  Running UnrealBuildTool: dotnet "..\..\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool\UnrealBuildTool.dll" -Target="TechSurvivalGameEditor Win64 Development -Project=""R:/TechSurvivalGame/TechSurvivalGame.uproject""" -LiveCoding -LiveCodingModules="R:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_5.1/Engine/Intermediate/LiveCodingModules.txt" -LiveCodingManifest="R:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_5.1/Engine/Intermediate/LiveCoding.json" -WaitMutex -LiveCodingLimit=100
  Log file: C:\Users\theun\AppData\Local\UnrealBuildTool\Log.txt
  Building TechSurvivalGameEditor...
  Using Visual Studio 2022 14.33.31631 toolchain (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.33.31629) and Windows 10.0.22621.0 SDK (C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10).
  [Upgrade]
  [Upgrade] Using backward-compatible include order. The latest version of UE has changed the order of includes, which may require code changes. The current setting is:
  [Upgrade]     IncludeOrderVersion = EngineIncludeOrderVersion.Unreal5_0
  [Upgrade] Suppress this message by setting 'IncludeOrderVersion = EngineIncludeOrderVersion.Unreal5_1;' in TechSurvivalGameEditor.Target.cs.
  [Upgrade] Alternatively you can set this to 'EngineIncludeOrderVersion.Latest' to always use the latest include order. This will potentially cause compile errors when integrating new versions of the engine.
  [Upgrade]
  Determining max actions to execute in parallel (8 physical cores, 16 logical cores)
    Executing up to 8 processes, one per physical core
  Building 5 actions with 5 processes...
  [1/5] Compile SharedPCH.Engine.ShadowErrors.InclOrderUnreal5_0.cpp
  [2/5] Compile TechSurvivalGame.init.gen.cpp
  [3/5] Compile TechSurvivalGame.cpp
  [4/5] Compile CPP_BPFuncLib.gen.cpp
  [5/5] Compile CPP_BPFuncLib.cpp
  Total time in Parallel executor: 96.78 seconds
  Total execution time: 97.98 seconds
File R:\TechSurvivalGame\Intermediate\Build\Win64\TechSurvivalGameEditor\Development\Engine\SharedPCH.Engine.ShadowErrors.InclOrderUnreal5_0.h.obj was modified or is new
File R:\TechSurvivalGame\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UnrealEditor\Development\TechSurvivalGame\CPP_BPFuncLib.gen.cpp.obj was modified or is new
File R:\TechSurvivalGame\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UnrealEditor\Development\TechSurvivalGame\TechSurvivalGame.init.gen.cpp.obj was modified or is new
File R:\TechSurvivalGame\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UnrealEditor\Development\TechSurvivalGame\TechSurvivalGame.cpp.obj was modified or is new
File R:\TechSurvivalGame\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UnrealEditor\Development\TechSurvivalGame\CPP_BPFuncLib.cpp.obj was modified or is new
Building patch from 5 file(s) for Live coding module R:\TechSurvivalGame\Binaries\Win64\UnrealEditor-TechSurvivalGame.dll
Could not spawn process C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.33.31629\bin\HostX64\x64\link.exe. Error: 267
Failed to link patch (0.000s) (Exit code: 0xFFFFFFFF)
---------- Finished (0.000s) ----------

As of Visual Studio, I use VS2022 17.6.5 with the following packages installed:

* .NET desktop development
* Desktop development with C++
* Universal Windows Platform development
* Game development with C++
* Linux and embedded development with C++

Anybody has ideas for solutions?
Thanks.

The solution is here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/unrealengine/comments/154rp8b/live_coding_failed_error_267_how_can_i_fix/

1 Like

Thanks, it works

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.