Linux: No compiler was found

Compiled UE Editor using 4.24 Release branch, compiles and builds fine, and also downloads a copy of llvm and adds it to the editor engine folder. However when I generate my project based on the ThirdPerson template and try and create a new C++ class it complains that I don’t have a compilerand I need the NullSourceCodeAccessor. Click here to download NullSourceCodeAccessor. Clicking on the link takes me to the wiki pages for IDE's which is super unhelpful. How do I add the compiler bundled with the UnrealEditor, or better yet GCC?

Hi, you need to go into engine settings and under Source Code you need to select code accessor(VSCode for example). then it should work as expected(if the binary for the vscode is in expected place.)

I just resolved this today, for myself. If you select your SourceCodeAcceessor plugin and you have a null compiler error, make sure that the IDE is installed within the “/opt/” directory. For example, the directory of the current CLion snap was located at “/usr/snap/CLion”

First remove the original snap of CLion (or keep it but I would not recommend this) and download the standalone Linux package—while following the corresponding instructions on the same sub-topic of the following download page: Install CLion | CLion Documentation