Lightmass 'light source angle' not working?

This works pretty well on UE3, but not on UE4? Has anyone been able to change the ‘Lightmass’->‘Light Source Angle’ parameter on their main light and see the expected results? (Changing the “softness” of the shadows).

Tried on two different maps with no result.

I have also found that it doesn’t work on the light itself, but you can change it in… Project Settings → Rendering → Lighting

Are you using static or stationary lights? Source angle (currently) only works with static lights.

The setting inside Project Settings that I mentioned, will work for Stationary Lights.

Thanks Obihb. I’ll try to test it later today when I’m back at my desk. (I’m using a Stationary light BTW).

Thanks Obihb and DanielW! Tested the parameter in project settings and it worked perfectly.

I believe i’m having the same issue. i’m trying to adjust the light source angle of my stationary directional light. However every time I change its setting all the shadows vanish?

You need to use 4.9 Preview in order to have area shadows option for stationary dir. lights.