lightmass.ini (per project config file) gets overriden by baselightmass.ini

Hello,

I have a problem with the lightmass.ini file (that is located in [PROJECT NAME]\Intermediate\Config\CoalescedSourceConfigs).
When I change parameters in this file, these changes are overridden by the baselightmass.ini (that is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\4.11\Engine\Config) at build time (the lightmass.ini file gets overwritten on the disk with the baselightmass.ini file)

How can I tell UE not to overwrite the lightmass.ini for the specific project?
I’d like to have different settings for the lighmass for different projects and not one settings for all the projects.

I’d be grateful if someone can help me.

Got any solutions for this? I’m also having the same issue.

It’s pretty strange that there are so many config files that can be project specific, but lightmass is not one of them. Glad that you found a workaround at least and thanks for the response! :slight_smile:

No I haven’t found a real solution for this. However I have created multiple lightmass.ini files with different settings, so whenever I need a certain settings I just overwrite the existing lightmass.ini file. This is a bit of a workaround, but it works :slight_smile:

First off, you’re editing a file that’s located in an Intermediate folder. Intermediate files are only local to your machine and not the project as a whole and are overwritten many times over. The file you’re looking for should be located in: Project/Engine/Config/BaseLightmass.ini