Lighting Scenarios not updating reflections

Lighting scenarios do not update reflection captures anymore after shipping. So it only shows sky capture and screen space reflections after loading.

In the editor everything works as expected.

Calling the UWorld::UpdateAllReflectionCaptures() seperately also does nothing.

Hi Roel,

Thank you for your report. We will begin investigating this issue as soon as possible. If we are unable to reproduce the problem, or need more information, we will follow up with some additional questions for you. Otherwise, we will post an ‘Answer’ once the issue has been logged in our bug database or we have a solution for it.

Hi Roel,

I’m still in the process of investigating the issue with some of our subject matter experts, but in the meantime do you have a sample project you can provide, or some clear steps to reproduce the issue on our end?

Hi Roel,

I’ve confirmed that this is a known issue that should be fixed in update 4.19. Reflection captures weren’t properly implemented with lighting scenarios, such that they store their captured data in the BuildData package. This work has been done for 4.19 so reflection captures work properly with lighting scenarios.

Thanks for the info!

Does this mean UWorld::UpdateAllReflectionCaptures() will never work for packaged games?

So is there a new console command to update reflection in 4.19 runtime?

I would like to know this also

still having this issue in 4.23 on android vulkan31
with rather unpredictable behaviour. from certain lighting scenario to another it works and from others it doesn’t.

Same here, I’m not having luck with reflection captures and lighting scenarios in 4.25.3