Lighting issues + questions

Hello there, I am presently having some issues with lighting in my little project, but perhaps pictures will better explain.

Now as you can see here the sphere actor I have in the scene is lit up like the sun, it’s bottom half is how it is meant to be lit, I’ve found that when it goes beyond a certain height in the room it will light up like that.

As you can see in this picture I have moved the actor down a bit and it doesn’t light up any more, I have tried several things in attempt to remedy this but I cannot for the life of me find a fix. The main thing I tried was setting all the lights in the area from static, to stationary, and then to movable, each one having the same effect with the exception of static.

Static lighting as you can see in this picture makes all of the static objects recieve no lighting it also takes out the specular reflections off of my characters arm models, I have no idea why this is.

So with those images there you can see that I’m having issues with the actor lighting up, it also has a similiar effect on my characters arm models except they don’t glow as brightly, can someone please help me with this as it is highly annoying, also if someone could explain why the static lights don’t affect the static meshes that would be very helpful, I’ve taken a gander at the documentation and I sort of have an understanding of the different light modes. with the exception of when a little red X pops up on the lights when using stationary lighting.

EDIT:

Here is the material, it uses a material collection paremeter to control two lerps and some colour vectors from that same MCP…

274e05ed9e72b27ab6df5eca7187088ba2543456.jpeg

Can you post a screenshot of your material?

Darthviper is right. A screenshot of your work will better explain…

Here is the material, it uses a material collection paremeter to control two lerps and some colour vectors from that same MCP…

274e05ed9e72b27ab6df5eca7187088ba2543456.jpeg

My guess is that it’s due to whatever script you have running that controls those variables.

It’s most definitely not, the blueprints in control of those variables are insanely simple, and have nothing to do with the height of the actor.