Lighting Glitches

Hi all,

So i’ve been trying to tidy up my lightbuilds for a while, to improve their quality, iron out any problems etc. and for the most part is has been going well.

However i keep running into some reccuring problems i’m unable to really stamp down on.

In the first image their’s a couple of issues, the first being the random black shadows in the corners. That whole face of wall is its own seperate mesh, with a pretty sizeable lightmap resolution applied to it, i’ve also added extra faces to the edges to help contain any weird shadows, however its not fully worked as you can see.

Theirs the additional problem of those marked in yellow, which is just spotty shadows being baked in, sometimes its quite dense, other times it things out, and often it appears on the ceiling in just one or two locations but not others which are super sharp and lack shadows (Other than Post Process AA)

My third is i get these weird white patches in some tiles. This isnt the only place it appears in the scene but it is the most consistent. At first i thought it might be the wall behind the tiles causing problems, but that wall is a solid black material so nothing should be coming through from that. The lightmap res is high on the item as well so its not that.

If anyone has been struggling with these before and has a solution i’d love to hear from you and discuss :slight_smile:

Hey Bathil sure thing, i’ve attached them both below, Sorry if the wireframe is a bit messy, wasn’t too sure how to best get that image.

In regards to the lightmaps, i’ve tried both having them incredibly high in the red (We’re talking 2048 high) and what it tells me is the best at 128, but neither had any noticeable effect, so right now i’ve just put it to 256 for this orange shade.