Download

Lighting error message

I got this error after rendering lighting:

Cmd: DumpUnbuiltLightInteractions
DumpUnbuiltLightIteractions
Lights with unbuilt interactions: 1
Light LightSource
Primitives with unbuilt interactions: 14
Primitive HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent /Game/ROFRlvl2.ROFRlvl2:PersistentLevel.Landscape2.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent_13
Primitive HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent /Game/ROFRlvl2.ROFRlvl2:PersistentLevel.Landscape2.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent_12
Primitive HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent /Game/ROFRlvl2.ROFRlvl2:PersistentLevel.Landscape2.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent_11
Primitive HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent /Game/ROFRlvl2.ROFRlvl2:PersistentLevel.Landscape2.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent_10
Primitive HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent /Game/ROFRlvl2.ROFRlvl2:PersistentLevel.Landscape2.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent_9
Primitive HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent /Game/ROFRlvl2.ROFRlvl2:PersistentLevel.Landscape2.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent_8
Primitive HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent /Game/ROFRlvl2.ROFRlvl2:PersistentLevel.Landscape2.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent_7
Primitive HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent /Game/ROFRlvl2.ROFRlvl2:PersistentLevel.Landscape2.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent_6
Primitive HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent /Game/ROFRlvl2.ROFRlvl2:PersistentLevel.Landscape2.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent_5
Primitive HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent /Game/ROFRlvl2.ROFRlvl2:PersistentLevel.Landscape2.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent_4
Primitive HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent /Game/ROFRlvl2.ROFRlvl2:PersistentLevel.Landscape2.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent_3
Primitive HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent /Game/ROFRlvl2.ROFRlvl2:PersistentLevel.Landscape2.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent_2
Primitive HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent /Game/ROFRlvl2.ROFRlvl2:PersistentLevel.Landscape2.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent_1
Primitive HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent /Game/ROFRlvl2.ROFRlvl2:PersistentLevel.Landscape2.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent_0
LogD3D11RHI: InitD3DDevice

How do I fix it?

Is this some kind of only-happens-to-me thing or does simply nobody know what it means?

Okay then, just writing here again to keep this topic up. Maybe in the far future someone will reply.

Coolcool, no replies yet. It seems my thread is invisible to others.

Looks like it’s having issues with the landscape. What else is in the level? Did lighting work for those items?
I would also post this on Answerhub.

Just a short side note, please just bump threads after 4 days. :wink:

-what happens when you delete your landscape?
-copy and paste everything into a new map and try it again
-post your problem on answerhub: https://answers.unrealengine.com/

@Tkfore21: I places some objects (blocks and cylinders, standart) into the scene and added a wooden texture to it. It rendered fine, there was no problem with it.

@fighter:

1. When I delete my landscape it’s gone; the light renders on the remaining few objects, that’s it. Doesn’t work with the landscape though.
  2. I already did that. Opened a new project, migrated the materials and copied the landscape etc. over to the new one. Lighting rendering didn’t work as well.
  3. Got a reply, just saw that now. My question had been there for a while.

Maybe it’s also worth noting that I added grass to my terrain texture, which caused the problem in the first place. I can’t set it to “movable” because it’s part of the texture. I followed the steps as shown in a Unreal demo vid and on the Unreal guide itself.
on covering huge amount of landscape with grass.

After following the steps on the Answerhub, it finally worked for me.

The error wasn’t with the grass itself, but with the two lights in my scene. After changing only those to “movable” the rendering worked.

However, it still looks really bad. The grass is very dark and only covers spots when seen from afar, even though it does cover the entire ground.