Lighting Build crashes with 4.22

Hi,

We’ve recently updated our project from using UE4.20 to UE4.22. We have a selection of maps we are using in our project and now when using UE4.22 they crash every time when rebuilding the lighting (the lighting built fine with UE4.20)…

Any help in what has changed between the two UE4 versions, any clues where to look from the log file (please find attached), or anything else you might be able to think of that might be causing the crash would be really helpful…

Many thanks.

Post edit: Have found a work around by simply deleting the maps BuildData file before rebuilding the lighting, and the lighting build then works succesfully, but this has to be done every time the lighting is rebuilt. When I don’t delete it, after finishing the lighting build, it says, Lighting Build Successful, then Encoding Textures, then says Building Reflection Captures at which point it crashes (same error log file as before).

So have work around, but would be good if anyone had any pointers on what could be causing this…
Thanks

link text

Same here, I think it’s something related to 4.22 bug…

attempted your temp fix by removing build data first, but still crashes on my end of things.

Fixed on 4.22.3 , otherwise exit the editor, delete manually the build data file, then rebuild.

Your solution works! You can also build a few more times without deleting again. I am actually on a verified install of 4.22.3 and have this light build crash situation right when if finishes and the build log window opens.