Light Map Coordinate Index Resets to 0

UE-86187

I have assets setup using a second uv channel for light maps. When opening up the asset and trying to change the light map coordinate index from 0 to 1 for the light map it keeps resetting back to 0 no matter how many times i type and enter a 1 it goes back to 0. Additionally when troubleshooting this problem i tested turning on generate light map even though i have my custom lightmap channel setup. I click apply and can see a new uv channel 1 setup that unreal automatically did and go back down to select the light map coordinate index and try to change it agian to 1. This time i get engine crashes when trying to change from 0 to 1 when i have generate light map uvs turned on. At this moment I am not able to build lighting in my project because i can not change assets lightmap uv channel to the correct uv channel. Any helps or fixes would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hello,

We’ve recently made a switch to a new bug reporting method using a more structured form. Please visit the link below for more details and report the issue using the new Bug Submission Form. Feel free to continue to use this thread for community discussion around the issue.

https://epicsupport.force.com/unrealengine/s/

Thanks

Check that the mesh has a custom LOD (i.e. LOD1). If the LODs are using LOD1 as the base LOD (in reduction settings), but there is no custom LOD1, then this issue arises. Also, the lightmap coordinates must exist on all LODs, so if there is a custom LOD–it also need custom lightmap UVs generated for however many sets there are on LOD0. If that doesn’t work, simply copy/pate an LOD from a working mesh, by RMB-ing a static mesh in the content browser>level of detail>copy LOD>RMB the target mesh>level of detail>paste LOD.