Lidar point cloud poping in and out in VR

Hi,
When we are viewing Lidar data in VR through VR preview mode then the data seems to be normal, but after I package the project for windows and make .exe, the lidar points seems to be growing small and big. It creates an illusion of points disappearing and then appearing again. Is there a setting to control that? I am just using the default lidar settings and not tweaking it while packing.

1 Like

Hello there!
I have the same problem. Also in VR, but also in the editor. Did you find a solution to this?
Best,
Paula

Hey,
No, I have not found and solution. Epic guys also doesn’t have solution for this I guess.
For editor issue you can try increasing the point budget of lidar from console command. Keep point size to 0.4.

Having the same issue. I increased the point cloud budget to 1bn but that’s not really a fix. I also have huge frame drops when I increase the size of the points from 0.0 to 0.01+

I also have this nasty blurring effect happening too, I think it’s lumen but I can’t seem to get it to stop.

Hi,
i got the same issue here (working in UE 5.3). Has anyone figured out how to fix this by now? If i find a solution i’ll post it here. cheers

What you’re seeing is the Point Cloud Plugin’s auto-LOD system trying to dynamically adjust the number of displayed points to hit 60fps. If the scene you’re working with is using dynamic lighting/Lumen/Virtual Shadow Maps/TSR-etc, it’s most likely not going to hit an acceptable framerate when rendered in stereo on a high resolution HMD. My first suggestion is to optimize the scene for VR, but if that turns out to be difficult for you there are ways to configure the auto-LOD system: