Library [Vault] Sorting & Filter Options

Hello. I just want to sort by Unreal Engine Compatibility. BUMP

Two more months in and still the same problems. Launcher is still craaaaawwwwling … :frowning:

​​​

We have filtering by category now :slight_smile:

Yes, but launcher is still very slow… use CPU power all the time … and my biggest problem, limit to 1000 assets.
I also love to see more feature in launcher to manage the assets. As example, also a button which filter for all assets which have updates would be great! Scrolling through 1000 assets to search which have updates, is no fun. :slight_smile:
But add first I hope in near future the problem with 1000 assets limits and very slow (and CPU blocking) launcher (when having assets) will be addressed soon.

Would be good to be able to make folders and also favorite the packages( and folders) we would like to appear on top, that would help a lot

2 Likes

It’s still a huge pain to use. Please skip one month of free assets and instead pay someone to get this right for once. :frowning:

3 Likes

@Amanda.Schade
Any updates? :frowning:

There was an Epic survey on the launcher with a long list of questions posted somewhere a few days ago. Found it on Unreal Slackers.

It loos like collecting data used to plan work for next months or even a major refactor :wink:

Thanks for sharing! Hope is not lost then, yay! :cool:

There you go https://epicgames.questionpro.com/a/…XH1CYad8yV0%3D

Thank you, I just take the survey.

^^ Nice ideas/questions. :slight_smile: Same as the first post of this thread, all good ideas.
And @Epic,. please get rid of the 1000 asset limit! –> https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre…ng-unavailable

Its several years later and nothing has changed. Can we at least get pagination so it only loads a few things on the page at once to help with speed and memory usage? Right now the Epic launcher when just merely opened and idle competes with my firefox which has at least 10 tabs at a time open. The launcher really needs some love in general. When people are talking about work a rounds for not using the launcher at all you know its bad.

Any updates? It’s beyond annoying that years later we are still stuck with all the problems mentioned in this thread and no substantial improvements at all.

How about making an API available so we could develop our own client to interact with the vault? I haven’t looked into it but maybe the EGS API could be used already to access an user’s vault… hmm

1 Like

Again, we still waiting for improvements and a solution to the 1000 asset restrictions. The problem has been known for years and not solved. I still have assets spread across UE accounts, which is annoying.

I also think it’ very annoying that a forum moderator has truncated the following thread (or posts are deleted by accident), because the launcher 1000 asset limit was deeply discussed there and the thread answers are missing now. You can see only a 2 year hole to the last post at the moment:

Now, that UE5 will come out in a near Future… it would be great to Filter out, which Plugins and Assets are ready to be integrated into UE5 Engine and Projects…

It’s possible to Filter by Engine Version in the Store… so… please add it to the Vault, too…

Epic games… where is good filters?

I cant sort any asset.
Now we have 4.27 and 5.
HOW i must know which asset workin on 5?

Need to do more filters.

1. Version engine
  2. Custom filters (U may choose tags… to sort assets)
    Example ::
    I choose assets for project X
    I must see which assets is on use.

And other things.
3) ENGINE support
When i choose 5.0 - i must see ONLY this assets… which workin at 5.0.

Hope this will be…

And please do not forget to fix the 1000 market place asset limit beside adding more functionality to filter and sort assets. thanks a lot

1 Like

Even a “Filter by latest purchased” would be ideal since I often forgot what I bought and they are just lost in the middle of all the assets I have.

1 Like

Made a simple app to allow sorting of your vault and notifications of which products need updating.

delebash/unreal_vault_organizer: Organize your Unreal Vault via tags, advanced search options, notification of updates for assets (github.com)

3 Likes

I’d like to be able to filter by compatible installed engines as well