Level Streaming With Volumetric Lightmaps

I want to use streaming levels with baked lighting. I generate a dungeon at runtime and load levels inside my persistent level. But i want to load them at a specific position and the Volumetric Lightmap dose not respect that offset. How can you solve this issue?

Here is an example and you can see that the volumetric lightmap has no offset applied and gets loaded at the level origin

I’m doing the same with ULevelStreamingDynamic::LoadLevelInstance and I have big problems when I unload the map.
All dynamic objects become super bright, as if all volumetric samples have disappeared.

I think that I have to implement my levels in another way because I believe that this feature is not actually working now.

Can anyone in Epic confirm that, or give a suggestion about this?

Thanks in advance.

i have now switched to dynamic lighting only and its not that bad with performance when using an hdri, limiting the number of lights and disabling shadows where possible.

Having the same issue, its frustrating that this feature seems outright broken - the only volumetric lightmap loaded at any given time is that of the last level instance loaded, and it doesn’t respect the offset.

Have you noticed similar issues when loading the levels with the plain level streaming feature?
We sometimes have strange visual bugs when doing several loading and unloading levels. A huge strange box shape white illumination appears in zones where there is no such lighting setup.

1 Like

that I have not. My team is in the early stages of a project analogous to OPs dungeon crawler - it seems we will have to, very unfortunately, proceed with larger rooms and teleportation between their doorways. I really hope this is fixed/implemented by epic though, as its very necessary for quality procedurally-attached game environments…

I am seeing this!

It’s related to streaming level “taking with itself” all nearby volumetric samples. You can see that by using Show>Visualize>Volumetric Lightmap at runtime.

I don’t know how to fix that tho, still looking for a solution. For now, I just made my streaming level volumes bigger, but it’s just a workaround I don’t like.

1 Like

4.27 the same bug.

any news?

Hey, I posted a workaround for baking and switching between multiple VLMs. If you scroll down I have some notes on Level offset.

1 Like