Level optimisation

Hey, I’m kinda new to Unreal Engine and I wanted to create a playable game that is based around a city which has a bunch of zombies but when I designed the level and added Builidings and so on I noticed a few things My first level is almost complete but it bothers me that the performance is so bad, I use World partition to help performance so it doesn’t load in the entire level since it’s so huge and it works fine I get roughly around 60 fps when playing in editor. And it works fine, but when world paritition kicks in and starts loading the buildings that’s where I get frame drops and it gets stuck then it all loads in then it works. I was wondering if there is anyone who has worked with big worlds and if anyone can maybe spot the issue. I’m not sure if it’s a issue or that I’m just dumb at using world partition. If anyone want’s to take 10-15 miniutes to help me please add me on discord “Ghost.#7548” I’m sorry if this post seems silly or stupid I just want to get into level design and I just need help I can’t find a lot online.

Thanks for taking your time to read all of this.

Id be willing to take a look but I can’t guarantee a solution. Open worlds are complex and b ottlenecks can be caused by many things. Try resetting your PostProcess and see if that effects your FPS. Grass is also a common bottleneck as is a lack of proper LOD’s. Lighting can also cause issues. Texture streaming, Opacity, emissive, high polycount, WPO, POM, particles, interactivity,it can all add op. Try learning about the GPU profiler, shader optimisation mode etc.

Hello. If we talk about performance, then I made a tool that helps you customize the budget for your project. Take a look if interested