Level Design

Just select the substractive part and the addivite -> now convert it to a mesh

okay :slight_smile: thank you again

I’m trying to make a door that opens with a blueprint but when I walk towards it it just disappears :S I’ve made a few doors before and never had this problem, any idea what it could be?

EDIT I think I might know, I’ll have to check when I get home but if you have any advice let me knwo :slight_smile:

When your solution isn’t working, just take a look at this tutorial from epic games: ?v=764a5dkzpZ8 I think you just have to store the location of your actor (the door) at the start :slight_smile:

That tutorial is for the level blueprint I believe, I’ve been trying to follow the class blueprint https://wiki.unrealengine/Blueprint_Automated_Door_Tutorial but I keep getting problems. I got a door working like they did it, the only thing is I need one without a frame but I can’t get one working at all.

To chime in on this, I just released several videos showing how Solus levels were built, including one in-depth video with some of the actual content from Solus.

v=8SxTqlom3Fg
://www.hourences/

I would not advise to build stuff in brushes and then converting the brushes to meshes. That is not really proper and asking for issues long term. The way we normally approach building levels is using modular meshes, with a couple of unique meshes here and there for big things + possibly a small amount of BSP for simple and unique structures. This is equal to how UE3 and UE2 handle it, so you can also look up any information about UE2 and UE3 to get a feel for how we approach building stuff.

In this level I built 6 years ago you can see the process how I went through. I use BSP brushes only for the biggest simplest stuff. The rest I do with modular pre-made meshes. View it as lego. You build using lego pieces, and adjust yourself to the pieces you have available.

://www.hourences/tutorials-the-spire/

I also have this video up that is a timelapse of how an entire level is built from scratch, so you see the entire way I approach things. I started off by building very simple pieces in , the type of stuff you’d almost do as brush, and then worked on using those meshes.

?v=IvKJwW9QxuE