Leap Motion Plugin Downgraded?

We just recently bought a Leap motion kit and got it up and running in UE4 for development. But there seems to be a huge discrepancy between what is advertised and what is present in the documentation versus what you actually get.

The hands have been downgraded to a blocky model, none of the gesture events work, most of the nodes used in the documentation and youtube tutorials simply don’t exist.

I have tried enabling it through the plug-ins page, and also downloaded and installed it via the Leap motion Git-hub (linked by their own docs). And both of these seem to be downgraded, and don’t include everything the docs refer to, including the simple test VR map.

Does anyone know how to get access to the good version of the Plugin? Or at the very least know why the gestures never fire? Cheers.

yeah the same happend to me, and i just bought a second device. Looks like something is happening to the company after being bought by ultraapics, hope is just a lack of updates, if is it is so unfair for the developers because we didn’t even recive any notice.

Do find any solution yet?

I haven’t been able to find the more advanced version that vanished. I found out that you can get their limited pool of gestures working by adding a “Leap” controller to the actor that will use the gestures. This must be added via components pane in the top left hand corner though, and cannot be done through BP anymore. Then, with it added, you can select it, and some events will appear in the details pane that you can add. It’s extremely counter intuitive to how it used to be, but it works to a basic extent.