Launching error

• turn off your internet start the launcher - close it - turn on the internet - try it again
  • restart your pc several times :slight_smile:

I’ve been trying to get UE working for the past 4 days using the help of the forums but nothing changes. Unreal tries to update and I receive “Error! No version information received” on launch, and retrying just makes the error instantly pop up again.

Trying to log in after that I receive “Error! Did not get a response. Are you connected to the internet?” message, when I’ve tried doing the same with my firewall off and it still comes up.

I’ve tried a few dozen methods to get it working on these forums but still nothing

Any help will be appreciated

Hi noobies001,

Could you let me know what you see when trying to launch this url in a browser:-

https://launcher-public-service-prod06.ol.epicgames.com/launcher/api/version

tried your method , still nothing, thanks though

{ “app” : “launcher”, “moduleName” : “Epic-Launcher-PublicService”, “branch” : “Release”, “buildDate” : “2014-08-14T19:48:28.413Z”, “serverDate” : “2014-10-18T18:32:07.266Z”, “build” : “3”, “cln” : “2256753”, “version” : “2.0” }

Interesting. Does it work in Internet Explorer specifically?

You could also try the LibCurl implementation. I added an answer about that here:-

I’m using Chrome I’ll check it with IE and get back to you

Nothing happens when typing it into IE, just a short loading time with no kind of prompt and downloads it as an unknown file type (version.json)

Ahh well it sounds like IE can connect at least. Did you get round to trying the Lib Curl test from my answer in the post i linked?

still the same result, i’m using a virgin media superhub as a router if that’s any help. sorry for the late reply, i was talking to a lecturer at my uni to try some alternative connections and the only solution seems to be to pack my computer and try connect on a different router, which isn’t really a fix if UE needs to update in the future

Hmm, so your PC was able to connect and download on a different connection? Just not your own virgin media one?

Please also follow instructions below to generate verbose logs, which will help see what the connection responses are. There may also be suggestions here to try if you have not done them all yet

Hi noobies001,

We haven’t heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you’re still experiencing this issue, try the troubleshooting steps Swifty linked above. If the issue persists, please post you’re Verbose Logs.

Thanks,

TJ