Launch Error: Assertion failed: RecursionNotAllowed

Hi everybody,

I am new to unreal so please bear with me.

I am trying to launch a level that I created and am getting a “RecursionNotAllowed” error. I have had a look into the blueprints and am unable to find any kind of loop that I thought the recursion might be referring to. An image of the error message is below.

131719-error1.png

Attached you can also find the [Output Log][2] that is created when the error occurs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hey erbmur,

I think you’re running into a crash that I logged earlier today, as it has the same error message:

This seemed to be related to using gameplay tags.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Have a great day

Wow, I never would have even though about checking GameplayTags for the cause of the error. But it makes sense. Having a blank level with a simple ground plane works fine, but as soon as I add an actor that has a GameplayTag Container, I get the error.

Does this mean I should go through everything and remove the GameplayTags and find another way to get the game to work? Or should I continue as is and hope for a bugfix?

PS. I upvoted your bug report. :slight_smile:

I haven’t been able to determine a workaround at this time, so you can feel free to play around with removing things to see if you’re able to determine one; otherwise, unfortunately, you’ll have to hold out for the fix.

Thanks

I had this happen to me and I looked in some other answer thread, the solution for me turned out to me the same as theirs - right click on your Content folder inside your project and select Fix Up Redirectors in Folder. Hopefully it’ll do a bunch of fixes, and the error will stop appearing.

Edit: Also, turn off Event Driven Loader Enabled if you have it on.

This did not resolve the issue for me, but it did clean some stuff up. Also, when I disabled Event Driven Loader, a new error occurred:

LogPlayLevel … LogAndroid: Error: Package …/…/…/Engine/Content/EngineResources/WhiteSquareTexture.uasset contains preload dependency data but the current build does not support it. Make sure Event Driven Loader is enabled and rebuild the game executable.