Landscape shadow "artifacting". Intensity increases closer to ground.

Hey Unreal people,

I have had a persistent issue with Landscape shadows that completely breaks my pipeline.

When I get close to my landscape, strange shadow artifacts form a circle around my character/camera. Some shadow artifacts can also be seen in the distance. This occurs most when light is directly shining. I’ll attach some images to show the issue here:

A few notes that may help someone help me:

• I am using unreal engine 5.1.1. (Downloading 5.0.3 now to see if my landscape works there)
  • I am using Ultra Dynamic Sky and Weather (The normal directional light doesn’t help)
  • I have tried disabling all plugins.
  • I am using Houdini Digital Assets to import my landscape and layers (Even when importing a Landscape manually, this issue persists)
  • I am using World Partition (The artifacting persists on a ‘normal’ world, though the horizon shadow issue goes away)
    - When scaling my landscape to a smaller size, the shadow artifacts are seen less, if not at all. (My landscape needs to be scaled up to mimic a real-world 1:1 scale)
    – Tutorials I have viewed online, like this one: TUTORIAL scale their landscapes without noticeable artifacting.

I can’t find a post with this same sort of shadow artifacts. All the other posts seem to be issues with Lumen. Not too sure where to turn for help other than this forum. Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Here is another example of the issue from higher up.

Unreal Engine 5.0.3 has the same problem.

Tiled maps require way too many individual landscape actors. Bump

More than 6 months later and I am still having this issue :frowning: