Landscape Material bug

Hi,

I’m working on a Landscape with several heightmaps and the Materials is working fine. But if I add additional Layers for handpainting it’s just painting the entire grid, some parts are black and the painted materials is alwas in square shape.

This is frustrating as hell. Since I found other questions here about the same (~1 year old) and the old tweeks won’t work. The first 3 layers are height based from WorldMachine and I want to handpaint another Forest Layer to the Landscape. If I use Alpha, Weight and Height Blend for this layer makes no difference.

Can someone help me to solve this bug? Otherwise the entire Landscape system is useless for me … =|
Thank you!

Hi! I think you should paint all over the landscape with first 3 layers and black areas will disapear then you will be able to paint with your 4th layer. Also when you do this you probably have to adjust scale of your masks (but im not sure about that)

The answer is that you use too much materials. To solve it you need open material. And change in all textures sample source to shared: wrap value