Landscape Grass Type Grass Popping in based on Landscape Components.

Hi There,

I’ve been playing with the landscape grass type to generate grass on my landscape automatically where my material is grass.

This has been working perfectly, however I’ve run into a problem related to the culling.

Just to be clear, within the Landscape Grass Type, I’ve set the “Start Culling Distance” and "End Culling Distance to appropriate numbers. I’ve added the “PerInstanceFadeAmount” node to my grass material with dithering, so it fades in and out nicely.

But, the problem is, the grass in my level doesn’t load in until i get really close to the landscape component and then all the grass pops in at once. After all the grass has popped in, the grass fades in and out nicely, until i reach another landscape component, and the popping happens all over again.

What could be happening here? Everywhere I’ve search online about using the landscape grass type, in tutorials, documentation, or videos all seem to have their culling working perfectly using the same settings and material set up as i have, yet i have this problem.

I’ve attached some pictures to show what is going on. The landscape is red to make the grass standout better in the images.

Maybe a world partition issue?