Landscape Grass - Nanite

Hey there,
meshes which have nanite activated are not showing up as landscape grass…

Hopefully it´s a bug and not forgotten to mention in the documentation ^^

3 Likes

Bumping this, because i just realized as well.
While we can place meshes manually, this would absolutely simplify our workflow using nanite, and i do not really see any reason why this does not exist.

2 Likes

Bumping again, this is a pretty huge oversight. Technically Procedural Foliage Volumes work but that’s significantly slower for large amounts of meshes.

1 Like

Hasn’t Been fixed yet. D=, hopefully they will notice soon.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Landscape Grass - Nanite:

Just wanted to check in and give the team a reminder in case they’ve forgotten. The auto-gen is pretty crucial for landscape projects. Meshes do not generate if chosen as a landscape grass type when Nanite is turned on. They can be fully static, opaque and will still not generate. It would be amazing if you guys could look into this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just ran into this problem today :frowning: Hopefully it’s fixed soon. Might give the volumes or foliage tool a go in the meantime.

1 Like

Just ran into it as well. Really hoping a fix for this is made.

1 Like

Hopefully, Epic resolves this issue as soon as possible, was searching for a solution in Reddit and finally landed on this forum to know that it’s an issue that needs to be solved.

1 Like

for me its seems like its not fixed yet as of April 2022

1 Like

+1 For this. Been wondering for the last hour why my rocks are disappeariong after enabling Nanite, only to realize it’s a problem with the foliage system and not the material.

Is there a reason Nanite-enabled meshes won’t spawn when used as a Landscape Grass Type? Did Epic think we would only be using animated grass foliage on landscapes or something?

2 Likes

+1 again here, this would seriously help and using rocks for paths and cliffs that use grass types.

Need this fix.

I tried this in UE5.1 (main) it works like a charm :slight_smile: I am guessing its fixed, and it’ll be out in 5.1 release.

1 Like

Good to hear its on its way, I just ran into this issue also, thanks @DrunkFeline

1 Like